▶ Find & Compare more than 1,1M products
The app allows to view the 1,1M products (including 175.000 in the US) already contained in the free and open database Open Food Facts, and also to add pictures and data for new products.
To discover the volunteer-run Open Food Facts project, visit https://world.openfoodfacts.org
▶ Choose the products that are good for you
- The Nutri-Score grade, from "A" to "E" >> Nutritional quality
- The NOVA group, from "1" to "4" >> Find the Ultra-Processed food
▶ And good for the planet!
- The carbon impact of your food
- Get a sense of how much of your daily carbon quota you're using for food
- Based on the footprints computed for France by ADEME.
- Join us and help us to bring the Carbon Impact to your country!
- To display a Carbon Impact, a product must have a complete ingredient list with % of meat or fish and a quantity
▶ Contribute to Food Transparency
- Open Food Facts is a food products database made by everyone, for everyone.
- You can use it to make better food choices, and as it is open data, anyone can re-use it for any purpose.
- Open Food Facts is a non-profit project developed by thousands of volunteers from around the world. We have lots of exciting projects you can contribute to in many different ways.
- You can start contributing today by adding a product from your fridge.
▶ Get the Facts
- Open Food Facts helps you to make sense of the fine print on products labels. You will be able to find:
- carbon footprint (CO2 emissions) and packaging (as well as recycling instructions),
- Nutriscore (nutritional score), nutrients, fat / fat content, saturated fatty acids, carbohydrates, sugars, fiber, protein and salt and sodium.
- brands, allergens, labels (bio, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, halal, kosher ...), traceability information (packaging codes, origins of ingredients)
- On wines and beers, you will find the alcohol content.
▶ Based on Science, helping back Science!
- We don't make up things. We rely on peer-reviewed science.
- The Nutri-Score has been created by the independent French team led by Professor Hercberg.
- The NOVA groups on food processing have been designed by the international team of Professor Monteiro.
- You can get a synthesis of EFSA exposure levels on food additives.
- The Open Food Facts community is collaborating with research teams across the planet to improve nutrition research that benefits all.
▶ Your food, your data
- Your data is yours, and is never sent online
- You use the app anonymously by default
▶ Full History
- Your history is YOURS. As a result, It stays on YOUR device.
- Get a full history of your scans
- You will soon be able to export your scan history
▶ Offline Scan: Scan in ANY condition!
Scan at the speed of light (even if you’re on a plane, submarine or supermarket)
- The whole planet, in your pocket !
- You can add new products, even if you don't have an Internet connection right now.
- The app loads only the strict necessary to reduce data and battery consumption.
▶ Get the Nutri-Score, NOVA groups and additives on any new product in 45s.
- To add a new product, take pictures of the ingredients list and nutrition facts table.
- Validate the automatically recognized ingredients list, choose a category and type in the nutrition facts to get Nutri-Score and NOVA.
▶ Set up allergen alerts on products
- Milk, Gluten, Eggs, Soybeans, Nuts, Fish, Celery, Mustard, Sulphur dioxide and sulphites, Peanuts, Sesame seeds, Crustaceans, Molluscs or Lupin allergy ?
- Speed up your shopping by doing an initial screening of your food with Open Food Facts.
- Be careful that the information may not be 100% accurate, and detection may not be 100% accurate. So always double check by yourself, with the packaging.
▶ Say hello and/or join us!
Open Food Facts is also available on the web at https://world.openfoodfacts.org
Questions, feedback : firstname.lastname@example.org
For cosmetics, you can install Open Beauty Facts.
Open Food Facts is a fully collaborative, non-profit project with 1.1 million products already! You can help photograph a missing product. New:
- Analysis of the ingredients: find out if a product is vegan, vegetarian or contains palm oil (detection does not work in all languages yet, and new detections will be added, get in touch at email@example.com if you want to help us) .
- You can now help increase food transparency by answering simple questions (requires an Open Food Facts contributor account to answer)
- Bug fixes
- New sharing experience
Thanks to Arnaud, Philippe and all the volunteers involved in this new version
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Scanner works fast and well
The scanner works well and is fast. Great for the French products but not so much for the US. The database needs to grow more.
Nothing comes up. Extremely slow
Developer Response ,
I'm very sorry that you couldn't try the Open Food Facts app. As it was featured on live TV recently, we have to deal with a high number of new connexions and that's a bit hard to process for our server.
Can you please retry now?
Thomas, volunteer of the Open Food Facts association.
Does not trip camera for barcode scan
Does not trip consistently the camera for barcode scan. It did once and found my English whole wheat muffins.
Developer Response ,
It took a while 😅, but we just fixed the problem in the last update by completely changing the barcode scanner 🙂. It was also possible to massively accelerate the response speed of the server (thanks to a donation). Can you confirm that it's good for you after updating?
Pierre, on behalf of the entire volunteer team
- Stephane Gigandet
- 53.1 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Acoli, Afar, Afrikaans, Akan, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Bambara, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chechen, Cherokee, Chuvash, Cornish, Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Faeroese, Filipino, Finnish, French, Gaelic, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Inuktitut, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Kurdish, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongo, Mongolian, Ndebele, South, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Occitan, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Quechua, Rhaeto-Romance, Romanian, Russian, Sangro, Sanskrit, Santali, Sardinian, Scots, Serbian, Serbo-Croatian, Sesotho, Setswana, Shona, Sichuan Yi, Simplified Chinese, Sindhi, Singhalese, Siswati, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Southern Sami, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tahitian, Tajik, Tamil, Tatar, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Tigrinya, Tsonga, Turkish, Uighur, Ukrainian, Uzbek, Venda, Venetian, Vietnamese, Vlaams, Walloon, Welsh, Wolof, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zeeuws, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2019 Open Food Facts
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.