▶ Find & Compare more than 1,1M products
The app allows to view the 1,4M products (including 175.000 in the US) already contained in the free and open database Open Food Facts, and also to add pictures and data for new products.
To discover the volunteer-run Open Food Facts project, visit https://world.openfoodfacts.org
▶ Choose the products that are good for you
- The Nutri-Score grade, from "A" to "E" >> Nutritional quality
- The NOVA group, from "1" to "4" >> Find the Ultra-Processed food
▶ And good for the planet!
- The Eco-Score of your food based on the footprints by ADEME.
- Join us and help us improve the Carbon Impact to your country!
▶ Contribute to Food Transparency
- Open Food Facts is a food products database made by everyone, for everyone.
- You can use it to make better food choices, and as it is open data, anyone can re-use it for any purpose.
- Open Food Facts is a non-profit project developed by thousands of volunteers from around the world. We have lots of exciting projects you can contribute to in many different ways.
- You can start contributing today by adding a product from your fridge.
▶ Get the Facts
- Open Food Facts helps you to make sense of the fine print on products labels. You will be able to find:
- carbon footprint (CO2 emissions) and packaging (as well as recycling instructions),
- Nutriscore (nutritional score), nutrients, fat / fat content, saturated fatty acids, carbohydrates, sugars, fiber, protein and salt and sodium.
- brands, allergens, labels (bio, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, halal, kosher ...), traceability information (packaging codes, origins of ingredients)
- On wines and beers, you will find the alcohol content.
▶ Based on Science, helping back Science!
- We don't make up things. We rely on peer-reviewed science.
- The Nutri-Score has been created by the independent French team led by Professor Hercberg.
- The NOVA groups on food processing have been designed by the international team of Professor Monteiro.
- You can get a synthesis of EFSA exposure levels on food additives.
- The Open Food Facts community is collaborating with research teams across the planet to improve nutrition research that benefits all.
▶ Your food, your data
- Your data is yours, and is never sent online
- You use the app anonymously by default
▶ Full History
- Your history is YOURS. As a result, It stays on YOUR device.
- Get a full history of your scans
- You will soon be able to export your scan history
▶ Offline Scan: Scan in ANY condition!
Scan at the speed of light (even if you’re on a plane, submarine or supermarket)
- The whole planet, in your pocket !
- You can add new products, even if you don't have an Internet connection right now.
- The app loads only the strict necessary to reduce data and battery consumption.
▶ Get the Nutri-Score, NOVA groups and additives on any new product in 45s.
- To add a new product, take pictures of the ingredients list and nutrition facts table.
- Validate the automatically recognized ingredients list, choose a category and type in the nutrition facts to get Nutri-Score and NOVA.
▶ Set up allergen alerts on products
- Milk, Gluten, Eggs, Soybeans, Nuts, Fish, Celery, Mustard, Sulphur dioxide and sulphites, Peanuts, Sesame seeds, Crustaceans, Molluscs or Lupin allergy ?
- Speed up your shopping by doing an initial screening of your food with Open Food Facts.
- Be careful that the information may not be 100% accurate, and detection may not be 100% accurate. So always double check by yourself, with the packaging.
▶ Say hello and/or join us!
Open Food Facts is also available on the web at https://world.openfoodfacts.org
Producers: you can send necessary product information in advance of the launch of the Eco-Score thanks to https://world.pro.openfoodfacts.org
Questions, feedback : email@example.com
For cosmetics, you can install Open Beauty Facts.
The Open Food Facts project turns 10 ! We've created a completely new version of the app to celebrate.
Many thanks to all contributors who have worked during 2 years on all those new features!
* All new design
* The product page is much more helpful
* Customize what you see when you scan a product
* Create personal lists of products
We look forward to hearing your feedback about this update at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Please please please add pork!
Nothing comes up. Extremely slow
Developer Response ,
I'm very sorry that you couldn't try the Open Food Facts app. As it was featured on live TV recently, we have to deal with a high number of new connexions and that's a bit hard to process for our server.
Can you please retry now?
Thomas, volunteer of the Open Food Facts association.
Scanner works fast and well
The scanner works well and is fast. Great for the French products but not so much for the US. The database needs to grow more.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Open Food Facts
- 70.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 Open Food Facts