Amazing groovebox that gives you an hypnotising music-making experience. It's an innovative step-sequencer and MIDI controller that lets you make unique loops and melodies. You don't have to be musical to get up and running - just randomly pinch and swipe away until something catches your ear, but also there are plenty of advanced synthesis features here too for the savvy musician.
The app is easy to pick up, it is fun to sketch out ideas. You can play for hours but also produce high quality tracks of any music style within minutes. Check the support page (2beat.io/oscilab) to see a 2 minute video, watch and hear for yourself what's it all about.
• 28 wave shapers: controlling frequency, filter cutoff, amplitude and pan on all the channels.
• 6 Channel mixer, with 2 FX channels.
• Live XY pads: 6 pads to tweak the frequency and cutoff of the generated patterns in real time.
• Drum Machine with 15 high-quality drumkits.
• Analog Synth with two oscillators, featuring ring modulation, frequency modulation and ADSR control.
• 36 high-quality sampled instruments.
• Global harmonic control: change all the arpeggiators tune settings from a single place.
• MIDI support: control other apps and devices, mapping individual channels to different destinations. Use waves to control notes, velocity and custom CC messages. Also supports MIDI-clock sync, sending and receiving start, stop and tempo changes.
• Record and upload your mixdowns to SoundCloud, Dropbox or other installed apps.
• Supports Audiobus, IAA, Audiocopy, Audioshare and Background-audio.
• Universal App: Oscilab runs on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices.
Fixed file menu on iOS 10
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Creative Groove Box - Needs AudioBus
This app is a real treat! I love the approach to composing with this. You use waveforms (like LFOs) to control your note placement, your filter sweeps, and your amplitude. In fact, you combine multiple waveforms at different frequencies and amplitudes to get complex control LFOs. It's intuitive and fun and allows you to come up with very interesting sounds and loops while thinking more graphically, mathematically, and visually than if you were tapping into music theory. And the effects are well done as well.
My only complaint is that it doesn't have AudioBus integration. Once that happens, this reviewer will move from a 4-star to a 5-star. Great work 2beat!
Still a marvelous app !!
Should you get this? Well if you enjoy solid apps, that bring solid joy to your music making ... the YES! Every time I open it up I’m still amazed at how great it is and how much fun it is to use. A steal at this price. Congrats developers!!!
So Many Possibilities
This is a great app to explore. It is very easy to come up with an idea and then to morph it into something completely different. And then you can use MIDI to control other apps! Lots of fun and very worth it.
- Aphelian Labs LLC
- 173.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Pocketband LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.