The easiest way to manage your family’s grocery shopping—and it’s FREE!
"I love technology, but I also love simplicity. I've found the best of both in OurGroceries." —The Kitch review
"After more than a year of using OurGroceries, we have been very satisfied." —Anne vs. Home review
OurGroceries automatically keeps your family’s grocery list up to date with the latest changes—on every family member’s mobile phone, and our website. Nearly out of milk? Add it now on your phone and your partner can pick it up on their next shopping trip.
Every change to your shared shopping list is visible within seconds on any other iPhone, Watch, iPod touch, iPad, or other smartphone grouped with yours. See items being checked off as your partner shops!
You can also keep track of the key ingredients in your favorite recipes and add them all at once to your shopping list.
• Take your shopping lists with you wherever you go.
• Share shopping lists amongst everyone in your household. Simply enter the same email address into each copy of the OurGroceries app.
• Add items quickly: on-the-fly completion searches past shopping list items as you type.
• Cross items off the shopping list with a single tap.
• Create as many separate shopping lists as you wish, or keep it simple and just use one.
• Organize your items by category or aisle to make shopping faster and easier. (Including optional automatic category suggestions for new items.)
• Add a photo to an item to make sure your partner gets exactly the right one. (Premium version only.)
• Add items by scanning barcodes. (Premium version only.)
• Browse your favorite meal ideas anytime, anywhere.
• Add all the ingredients for a recipe to your shopping list with a single tap.
• All your items, lists, and recipes are automatically backed up onto the Internet. Upgrade, replace, or reformat your phone without worrying about losing your data.
• Convenient hands-free shopping with your Apple Watch.
• See and edit your lists and recipes from any desktop web browser.
• Add items with your voice using Siri on your iPhone, Watch, or HomePod. Supports other popular voice assistants too.
• Versions available for other popular mobile phones too, in case your partner doesn't have an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
Visit https://www.ourgroceries.com for more information.
• Minor fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Perhaps the best app that I use
We have Our Groceries installed on all of our devices, and it synchronizes instantly and seamlessly. I will be at the grocery store marking off items on my cell phone as I add them to the basket. My wife will be at home adding items on her iPad, and they appear instantly on my list. Until now, the only inconvenience was having to frequently take my iPhone out of my pocket as I shopped. Last week I started using an Apple Watch, and discovered that there is a “companion app” for the watch that allows me to see Our Groceries on my wrist. Just like the phone and pad versions, the watch version works smoothly. Our Groceries is a flawless app, and is probably the most under-appreciated app on the App Store. It even has detailed and well organized instructions on their web site. I’m going back now to the store to see if this developer has any other apps that I should be enjoying. Congratulations to HeadCode on developing such a fine product.
One of the best I’ve tried
I like a grocery app that has both a phone and a watch app. This one has that and does it fairly well. Going through the store checking your watch is easier than pulling your phone in and out and turning it on and off. This app lets you categorize products and it remembers the categories once you set them. It lets you add the same product to multiple store lists. I love the look of the app and it’s instant sync functionality.
The areas of improvement the maker should address is that I find the flow for the addition of groceries to be clunky. It would be nicer if you could start to type an item select from the matching list and straight away specify how many and the category ( if it’s uncategorized ) without having to navigate around into the info screen for the product.
I also find myself accidentally touching products to get to that information screen and instead it removes it from the list. This is counterintuitive. They should use a check box or a swipe left or right to remove the item from the list, which is more conventional. If you don’t wanna change now that you have a base of users, at least make it a preference setting for the newcomers.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback!
There are settings for both things you asked for. Look for the setting "When Adding Uncategorized Item", which you can set to "Ask Me to Pick a Category" (or try the new "Pick a Category for Me" option which will pick a category automatically if possible). Read more here: https://www.ourgroceries.com/user-guide#settings_ask_for_category
For crossing off items inadvertently, you can fix this using the "Cross-off Action" setting, which has several choice besides a simple tap. Try "Swipe", for example. Read more here:
I hope these settings will help! Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions or feedback for a faster response.
Best Grocery app yet !
I have tried quite a few lists apps over a few years and I had an app called Grocery iQ that was similar to this but is no longer available so in my hunt to find a new grocery list app I came across this one and picked it because it was so similar and found I absolutely love it ! I almost gave this app a four star rating because at first I hadn't figured out that there is an add multiple items setting and at the time the setting had been turned off so that was bothering me but then I discovered the setting and turned it to the on position which is the first thing you should do if you download this app and now it is the most perfect well rounded greatest grocery app I've seen, I love how you can make aisle numbers a category and then it will put everything in the right aisle for you and I just can't say enough about it, I actually paid the $4.99 for the paid version and it was worth every single penny.
- OurGroceries, Inc.
- 30.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 OurGroceries, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- OurGroceries Plus (Ad-free) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.