Put 14 languages in your pocket! With over 4.5 million words and definitions, by the world`s most trusted dictionary publisher - Oxford University Press, look up words and phrases on the go. The Translator mode will make you feel confident in solving any language-related challenge, no matter where you are.
• Translate any word with the Dictionary mode, powered by 14 of the top Oxford dictionaries.
• Translate any sentence, expression or whole paragraphs with the Translator mode.
• Listen to native Audio pronunciations to learn words faster (premium feature).
• Get access to Recent searches, available on your home screen to save your time.
• Create lists of Favorite translations on your main menu and access them with ease.
• Use the app in Offline mode (premium feature).
MANY WAYS TO SEARCH AND LOOK UP A TRANSLATION
• Dynamic switch between Dictionary and Translator to process your entries of words and paragraphs.
• Audio search enables you to look up for words or phrases using your voice.
• Advanced Dictionary search while you type:
- Autocomplete will suggest dictionary words as you type
- Fuzzy filter finds words even if they are misspelled
- Wildcard filter will replace a letter or series of letters in a search string with a (*) or (?).
- Keyword function helps you find whole phrases that contain a word
- Copy/Paste any word or paragraph from another app.
• English - Oxford Dictionary of English
• American English - New Oxford American Dictionary
• Russian - Oxford Russian Dictionary
• Spanish - Oxford Spanish Dictionary
• Chinese Simplified - Oxford Chinese Dictionary
• French - Oxford Hachette French Dictionary
• German - Oxford German Dictionary
• Japanese - Oxford Japanese Mini Dictionary
• Urdu - Oxford English Urdu Dictionary
• Italian - Oxford Paravia Italian Dictionary
• Portuguese - Oxford Essential Portuguese Dictionary
• Thai - Concise Oxford-River Books English-Thai Dictionary
• Bulgarian - Oxford SoftPress English Bulgarian Dictionary
• Greek - Oxford Greek Mini Dictionary
Get even more with PREMIUM:
• Audio pronunciations - Learn words faster by listening to how they're pronounced.
• Offline mode - No WiFi or data connection, no problem. Download the language databases to your device, to be used without an internet connection.
• Priority support - Get expedited support for any app-related issues.
• No ads - no more in-app advertisements.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Too soon to tell
So I’ve been using the free app for years. As a happy customer of the old school case bound OED my dissatisfaction and disappointment with the app version is to be noted and hopefully some one other than customer satisfaction dweebs will pay attention and remedy this. Too many times I have tried to get a definition from the app version and been let down. So to sum up not five minutes ago I was digitally badgered into subscribing to the pay version and without one breath I am immediately besieged to rate and review. Come on people be for real. True rating at this time is NO STARS. Cut the crap and get to work. The real OED is venerable this app so far is a joke. Hey just my opinion.
A truly invaluable Reference opus; indispensable tool for the Professional Writer, either in a Creative or the Business field (or both) and whom is in regular or merely in occasional need of an absolutely trustworthy, EXACT DEFINITION of nearly any particular word or short phrase, and to also provide what seems to me, flawless expert translation into any of 14 major languages, including Classical ones.
My only question is, where was this when I was a Staff Writer & the Editor-in-Chief for important DISNEYLAND (Southern California) publications? — Frankly, without hyperbole, I would have done nearly anything, just short of trading my mother, for such an indispensable resource! Likewise, as a former St. John’s College student (“The ‘Great Books’ College”) this would have made the seemingly endless number of papers I had to write, far easier.
—MICHÆL IRVINE HART
(Old Order Amish Country)
This dictionary has the Oxford dictionaries in many languages. The color scheme looks nice. You are able to cut and paste a whole bunch of text and see the definitions in a sentence or paragraph. There is the International phonetic alphabet for the French words, which makes it easier to learn the pronounciation. The developers should change the word 日本人 to 日本語 because the dictionary is about languages, not person, race or nationality. If you are persnickety, Français should be lower case because Français means Frenchman while français means French language. I believe languages is not capitalized in other romance languages as well.
Developer Response ,
Could you let us know if we can do to something to increase your rating? You can leave us a comment here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
If you'd like to request a specific feature or need assistance with the app's functionalities, we'd gladly assist.
We expect your reply. - MobiSystems Support Team -
- MobiSystems, Inc.
- 32.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai
- Age Rating
- © 2020 MobiSystems, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Oxford Translator Subscription $23.99
- Oxford Translator Subscription $11.99
- Oxford Translator Yearly Fee $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.