Paediatric Emergency Tools, developed in 2011 to rave reviews , and already used by thousands of clinicians, calculates: appropriate dosages of commonly used drugs; details of frequently used infusions or boluses; tube sizes; physiological parameters; and more. Commended for being a “smart, simple iPhone app that is a joy to use”, the new version retains the best loved features of the drug and physiological calculators but with a fresh look, expanded drugs library and new guidelines section used by our team to manage children who are critically ill.
The team behind this App are South Thames Retrieval Service (STRS) and the Paediatric Intensive Care of the Evelina London Children's Hospital who have transferred >10,000 critically ill children and look after >1,200 children every year. UBQO, App developers, have distilled this clinical excellence and put it in the palm of your hand.
Paediatric Emergency Tools brings together expert knowledge and experience in a simple to use, offline and convenient application to facilitate dealing with clinical emergencies in children. Calculations are now available without the need for a computer or access to the internet.
After the entry of patient age or weight, results are instantly presented in a logical and clear manner. Guidelines take the user through resuscitation, investigation and ventilation of the critically ill child.
Paeds Tools is useful for nurses, doctors, ambulance crew and everyone who needs key paediatric drug data and guidelines in their pocket.
Drugs and infusions
Enter patient age or weight:
- Calculated Cardiac Arrest Drugs
- Calculated Frequently Used Infusions
- Calculated Induction Agents, Muscle Relaxants and Anticonvulsants
- Over 80 additional drugs including metabolic infusions
- Infusion Rate & Glucose Calculator
Paediatric Emergency management
- Calculated Physiological Parameters
- Calculated Paediatric Tube Sizes & Equipment including tracheostomy tubes
- 20+ guidelines on management of paediatric illnesses, resuscitation and transport of the critically ill child
- Oxygen flow calculator- choose to calculate how many cylinders are needed for journey or how many hours an oxygen supply lasts
New and improved:
Improved interface and calculator
- Guidelines improved and will automatically update to your phone in the future
- Metabolic infusions and new drugs added
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- 48.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © UBQO Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.