Can you save humanity? Pandemic is a co-op strategy game adapted from the award winning board game.
Humanity is on the brink of extinction. As members of an elite disease control team, you’re the only thing standing in the way of the four deadly diseases spreading across the world. You must travel the globe protecting cities, containing infections from spreading, and discovering the cure for each disease. The fate of humanity is in your hands!
Call together your team of experts, it’s time to save humanity. Each member of the team has their own set of skills to use wisely.
Recruit the Medic to quickly treat diseases, discover a cure faster with the Scientist, or stop infections from spreading with the Quarantine Specialist. Each role opens new possibilities and syncs with the other roles to offer new strategies. Pick from seven available character roles to create your elite team.
• Solo mode: save humanity with 2 to 5 characters!
• Training mode with 4 challenges.
• Choose your team from the 7 different roles.
• 5 levels of difficulty to suit novices and veterans alike.
• Immersive theme, challenging gameplay, and endless replay-ability. Every game is different!
• An adaptation of the award winning board game
• Ready to face a new challenge? Face 2 new exciting challenges from the “On the Brink” board game expansion:
1. On the Brink: Virulent Strain spreads a new kind of virus into the world.
2. On the Brink: Roles & Events offers you new roles for your team and new events to help you save humanity.
DLC sold separately in the shop.
For more information, visit https://www.asmodee-digital.com/en/pandemic/
A problem or a question? Contact us: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/pandemic/
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!
- Role selection now works in a single tap
- Roles now have static position in the team details
- Pressing Santiago does not propose a Move to Santiago rather than showing the Role description
- Moving to San Francisco with the Operation Expert does propose possible path rather than discarding the San Francisco card immediately
- Clicking on a role in the team panel shows or hides the Role description
- Clicking on cards in hand centers the city on map
- Arrow above current role stays after an undo
- Arrow above current role stays after New Assignment
- Clicking on event cards in the team panel doesn't close the panel anymore
- During card selection, you can now see the description of currently unavailable events
- plus a lot of tweaking of texts and images sizes and positions
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fun but freezes a lot
I really like playing this game. I have the board game, but I don’t always have the time or space to set it up and can’t always get people to play with me. I was really excited to get this app version, so I could play quickly and on my own. (I love that I don’t have to play online with other people.).
I’m just really bummed because it freezes up a lot. Then you have to totally close the app and reopen it. If you are in the middle of a game, you are able to continue where you left off. (It actually takes you back to the end of the last player’s turn - which sometimes is nice because then you know what cards are coming in the infection (cheating).) But if you try to do the exact same actions as you were doing before it froze, it will freeze up again. This has cost me some outbreaks because I couldn’t go where I had planned to. It’s really frustrating! Even if you don’t mind having to change your moves, it’s super frustrating to keep getting kicked out of the game and having to reopen it. Sometimes it takes multiple times of closing & reopening before it will let you back in.
Overall, great game. Just wish it could be fixed so it won’t freeze up all the time. And also, sometimes it glitches where it won’t let you actually use the event card. (I’ve never gotten the Special Operations card you work.)
Developer Response ,
Hello Jenyur. We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the game. Could you please get in touch with us at https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/pandemic/?l=en, specifying your device and adding screenshots if necessary, so we can have a look at it and help you fix your issue? Thank you! Best regards, the Asmodee Digital Team.
Update is terrible
I loved the heck out of this iOS port previously. It was fun, easy to get into, without a lot of bells and whistles. Now this update has ruined all of that. Why the change? Did I really need to see an animation of the Researcher twisting the knobs on a microscope? Did I really want to have to click on yet another confirmatory green check mark to say, yes, indeed, please place my government granted research facility in Mumbai? Did I really need to be walked through the dramatic text explaining everything in detail all the time?
In addition, the user interface is barely readable, and determining the color of city cards made nearly impossible for quick decisions. I only happen to know Khartoum is yellow because I've played the game so often; it sure isn't because the game makes it easy to tell on screen. The layout is cramped and crowded without adding more useful information. The previous one was clean and straightforward. The change is jarring and unpleasant.
The only downside I could see in the prior version of the game was that the game chewed through battery life like you would not believe. That definitely was not cool. But this version is barely playable in comparison. Note to developers: bring back the old version. That one was a 5 star game. This one is terrible and only gets 2 stars from me because the core game itself isn't the problem; it's the horrible execution.
Emergency 911! Insane Downgrade!
Oh Asmodee, have you never ever heard of simply testing your products with actual customers, and incorporating their feedback BEFORE releasing them? Really. This is irresponsible in the extreme. Whoever was arrogant enough to force an alpha preproduction quality on avid fans of an intensely beloved game that is helping thousands of folks survive a real life pandemic needs immediate hospitalization. All you needed to do is do beta testing with actual fans and all the issues would have been caught. This was entirely unprofessional and actually harmful to the morale of your customers at a critical time when the classic version was providing a real service to keep people’s spirits up. The second follow up update fixes a few of the issues, but there’s soooo many more, I trust that you are rushing to fix them as well and will update several more times rapidly.
I agree with the throngs that you need to restore the classic version for those that want it. It borders on fraud to rip an all-time favorite out of paying customers hands the way you have. I can only hope you’ll quickly learn from the severe error of your ways and institute process changes to protect your customers investments and morale. Do your part to make the world a better place especially right now in the depths of real-world pandemic and make the classic version available and fix the broken app you’ve foisted on the world at the worst possible moment.
- Asmodee Digital
- 246.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Digital game published by Asmodee Digital. Game created by Matt Leacock and edited by Zman Games.
- In-App Purchases
- On the Brink: Roles and Events $2.99
- On the Brink: Virulent Strain $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.