Tesco Pay+ is a really simple and easy way to pay for your shopping in Tesco with a single scan of your phone.
You can register with your Tesco account, or just create a new one within the app. And then add one or more payment cards.
All you have to do is scan the payment barcode when you pay in Tesco, and you can shop and collect Clubcard points at the same time.
Fast, safer and contactless
- You can pay up to £250 per transaction in any UK Tesco store or petrol station, with a single scan of your phone.
- You don't need a mobile connection to checkout - you can even pay when your phone is offline.
- You can set up the app on up to two phones and add one or more payment cards to your account.
-We accept any UK debit or credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex. If you like, you can personalise your payment cards with a nickname.
- We encrypt your card details and they’ll never be stored on your phone.
- Your payment barcode can only be used once - it can’t be copied or cloned.
- If you lose your phone or if it’s stolen, you can immediately lock your account at pay-plus.tesco.com.
- The app has two-factor authentication for additional security and is protected by PIN and fingerprint/face ID.
- To help keep you safe, we’ll sign you out of your account if you don’t use it for a while.
- You’ll get real time notifications every time you complete a payment so you can keep an eye on your account.
- You can check your payment history on the Transactions page.
- You can keep track of how much you spend in Tesco each month.
Tesco Pay+ is operated by Tesco Bank.
We take your security very seriously, which is why we ask for a few permissions on your device. This helps us ensure your account and payments are safe and protected.
We’ve spent some time improving performance and stability as well as making it easier for you to access your vouchers and coupons from My Clubcard. It’s our way of helping you get the very best value from Tesco and ensure your shopping experience in Tesco is as fast and convenient as it can be.
Ratings and Reviews
Arguably the most frustrating App since the dawn of Apps
This is an app that one starts by wondering: why the obsession with security? If someone wants to know what groceries I buy, they really need to reevaluate their life of crime. I set up the account using a strong password using a password manager. When I logged on again, I learned that my credentials were invalid. I hadn’t forgotten my password, but “forgot my password” was the only choice. I tried this multiple times over multiple days (and, yes, I checked the Spam folder). There’s a “Still can’t connect” option that brings up a dead link titled “Support”. I decided to start again with a different email. This worked up to the point where I added a card. That ended with a note that “Card not Saved” and an admonition to check my information. I feel pretty confident that I know my name and address. It is difficult to not shop at Tesco, but they are in the penalty box for the 10 days until I get my physical card. Save yourself the pain and register on the website. It is 2010 technology that works.
This app does nothing to help you figure out how to use your points
App not available abroad
Please make it available for the US accounts
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tesco Plc
- 69 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Tesco PLC