Stream popular PBS shows anytime, anywhere, across devices.
Catch up or discover recent episodes from MASTERPIECE, NOVA, NATURE, PBS NEWSHOUR, FRONTLINE, INDEPENDENT LENS, POV, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, and so much more.
The PBS Video App features thousands of full-length videos and clips from PBS and local member stations with new videos added daily. Support your local station and get extended access through PBS Passport.
DEPTH OF CONTENT
Explore a rich and varied selection of thousands of videos from new PBS shows and the PBS archives, as well as specially curated playlists and collections available all year long.
* Get caught up in the drama with MASTERPIECE shows like Victoria, Poldark, The Durrells in Corfu, and others.
* Explore new worlds with science and nature programming from NOVA and NATURE.
* Shine a light on truth with news and public affairs programs from PBS NEWSHOUR, FRONTLINE, and WASHINGTON WEEK.
* Take a front-row seat with arts and music content from GREAT PERFORMANCES and AUSTIN CITY LIMITS.
* Learn how history shapes our present with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW and FINDING YOUR ROOTS.
* Discover new perspectives with award-winning films from INDEPENDENT LENS, POV, and the PBS ONLINE FILM FESTIVAL
* Do-it-yourself by following along with THIS OLD HOUSE.
* Expand your knowledge (in 10 minutes, or less) with over original series from PBS Digital Studios, including IT'S LIT, TWO CENTS, HOT MESS, AMERICA FROM SCRATCH, NOURISH, IT'S OKAY TO BE SMART, PHYSICS GIRL, ORIGIN OF EVERYTHING, SPACE TIME, and many, many more!
* Quick access to TV times and channels for your favorite PBS programs
* See what’s on your local PBS station and what’s coming soon
* Learn more about PBS shows and specific episodes
* Bookmark favorite shows and episodes for easy retrieval
MORE FROM PBS
* Learn more about the PBS Video app at: http://pbs.org/anywhere/
* Find help and support at: http://help.pbs.org/
- Update to remove empty show seasons when browsing
- Updated keyboard type for sign-in on tablets
- Fix for favorite shows not showing up immediately when added for some users
- Fix for Facebook login issues
- Fixes for multiple app crashes
- Other minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good app when it works
This is a good app when it’s working. It is less flexible than I would like. If I forget to turn the brightness up before I start a video, then do so, I am booted out of the video and made to watch an ad before I can get back in. Why am I watching ads when I am a paid member of PBS? Now this evening, after repeated efforts, the only thing it will show me is ads. An ad plays, then stops with the last frame of the ad filling my screen. Any effort I make to move on from there results in more ads, which always stall at the end.
It works for me
The first comment I wanted to make to those complaining about this being a “paid subscription.” PBS asks for a $5 a month donation to support public TV, which isn’t much considering the access that provides. If you pay $60 up front, that gives you access for year, it’s tax deductible and you can stop your contributions at any time, $5 is a latte, for heavens sake. That being said, I really like the service. I haven’t watched on any of the mobile apps and have used a Roku and Firestick and they both work well. The content could be arranged a little better but it’s not too bad and there is also local programming available. I’m canceling my other services except for my TV streaming because there are so many programs that I want to watch and I’d rather learn something in the process. They do run a promo at the beginning of each show but it’s from a corporate sponsor and not really advertising, it’s expensive to produce quality programming. I don’t know if anyone remembers when it was Mobil Masterpiece Theater, PBS has had corporate funding practically since day one. Anyway, it’s a great service, 5 stars for the quality programming.
Great content, dismal streaming
It’s PBS, it’s an American classic. Unfortunately if you want to stream it this app is infuriating. The chromecast support is terrible, it fails to cast 50% of the time, never remembers where you left off and god forbid you want to rewind EVER. Once streaming you have no control over the video as it always reads as 00:00. The most insulting part is that even when you donate to PBS as a passport member you are still forced to watch an ad every time you stream. (The most insulting part being that the ad ALWAYS loads even when the episode fails. So you watch a whole ad just for it to finish and just stream the PBS logo.) Best solution I have found so far is disconnecting from chromecast go to the episode and spot you want on your phone, then reconnect, still only works about 70% of the time but still better.
- Public Broadcasting Service
- 118.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 Public Broadcasting Service
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.