This fact-filled, image-rich app is the only periodic table you need.
Ideal if you’re a student, teacher or just have an interest in the chemical sciences.
Did you know that neodymium is used in microphones? Or europium in Euro bank notes to help stop counterfeiting? These are just two of the absorbing facts in our free, user-friendly and customisable app, based on our popular and well-respected Royal Society of Chemistry Periodic Table website.
• See elements in their natural state and real-life applications.
• Check out podcasts and videos.
• Use our interactive slider to see how elements change state as temperature increases, or explore the discovery of the elements through history.
• Customise your app to see only what interests you.
• Use our simple table for quick access to data – like sorting elements in order of increasing density.
Includes names, data and images for the four new elements
Ratings and Reviews
Outstanding, well designed application
I have never written a review for any product before now, but this simple piece of software deserves some praise. When i downloaded this application, i was hoping that it would give me enough information about the elements for me to use it in a college level chemistry course. Not only did it meet, but it exceeded my expectations. Outstanding. Well done and I hope those who developed this application continue to do what they do. It’s hard to find an easy to use interface, but this one has checked all of the boxes.
Great for homeschoolers!
I currently homeschool 4 children in middle and early high school. This app is a perfect addition to our periodic table unit. It has an easy to use format with a plethora of information displayed in multiple styles; text, pictures, videos, podcasts...I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an all in one solution.
Needs update for iPad Pro
Good app with lots of info, but you cant open it side by side with other apps on the iPad Pro which can be pretty annoying at times because thats one of the best features on the these iPads. Please update it! This app would be 5 stars from me if it had this. If you dont have a pro, i recommend getting it. Also, the developers need to add the atomic mass to the elements so they can easily be seen when doing things like balancing nuclear equations
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- 62.2 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Royal Society of Chemistry 2015. All rights reserved. Registered charity number: 207890.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.