Photella is for anonymous photo sharing with a social purpose. It creates people-powered photo chronicles of places and events, displaying photos by when and where they were taken.
For example, post past/present photos of your school/alma mater and see a photo chronicle of it on Photella. Invite schoolmates to share photos and your school’s timeline quickly gets richer and more interesting.
No registration, no account! Just tap and select one or more photos you already have and Photella auto-organizes them by when and where taken.
Photella is a new photo sharing paradigm, here’s how it works:
• Scroll through the initial “Recently Posted” photo thumbnails. They are sorted by date posted, allowing you to see recent activity, and giving newly added photos visibility. On each thumbnail is the name of the city where the photo was taken and the number of other photos in its timeline.
• Tap on any thumbnail of interest, and you’ll now see that photo along with others from the same location and now sorted by the date the photos were taken. This is a crowd-sourced chronicle of that location with a map that you can minimize/maximize by adjusting the split-screen divider.
• Move the map to see photo chronicles of other locations!
• Tap on “+” to post a photo or more (up to 10 at a time). They are automatically added to the timeline of each photo’s location.
• Tap on “+” whenever you are on a map split-screen and Photella will help you find photos you already have from that map area.
• Feel free to Like (or Dislike) other people’s photos.
• Feel free to comment on a photo for its photographer and others to reply.
• Flag a photo you find offensive. It’ll disappear from your view and we’ll delete it if it violates Photella’s Terms of Service.
• Photella is “socially anonymous”: it doesn’t show who posted a photo nor whether different photos were posted by the same person. It’s up to you what you want to say in captioning your photos.
• Within a photo, each person that comments is represented by a number indicating the order they first commented on the photo. The original poster always appears as “0” in a photo post.
• You can delete comments you make on other people’s photos, and you can delete any comments made on your photos.
• You cannot Like, Dislike, or Flag your own photos;)
• Feel free to use # hashtags in captions and comments. They will be searchable in the future;)
Important note on anonymity:
Even though Photella doesn’t show a pin at a photo’s location, we don’t recommend posting photos taken at your home.
Terms of Service
1. Photos of graphic violence or sexual nature are not permitted. They will be deleted and repeat offenders will be banned from posting on Photella. A ban is permanent and deleting and re-installing Photella doesn’t get around it.
2. Hateful speech and personal attacks are not permitted.
Thank you for using Photella. This version has great new features and everybody should upgrade:
1. Easier browsing with the new "thumbnail" view of recently shared photos.
2. You can now see a summary of your activity (number of posts, comments, likes, etc.) under the "Me" tab.
3. The map now has zoom in, zoom out and satellite view buttons.
- Hazem Sayed
- 22.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Photella
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.