For more than 2000 years history has known quite a few cultures, the rise and fall of civilizations. Many of them left their mark on the ethnic group. This app combines Arabic, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, European and other world scales in a large encyclopedia of scales. Scales are presented in diatonic, altered diatonic and chromatic.
This encyclopedia is a must have for every musician. Many musicians are wondering, what chords can be played over different scales. Thanks to this app you'll able to find scales that fit certain chords, and vice versa. This feature is especially useful for improvisations. You can also see what other chords fits your chosen scale.
It is hard to imagine a musician who does not use the scales and chords! Analyze every big name in the world, and you will see that scales and chords are the basis for his creativity!
This encyclopedia is designed for musicians and theorists, composers, professionals and beginners.
Piano Chord-Scales features:
● Encyclopedia of 435 scales (harmonic, melodic, diminished, hexatonic, whole tone, augmented, double harmonic, altered pentatonic, messiaen modes, indian raga & mela, arabic maqam), which can be transposed in any desired key (about 5,200 total scales incl. transposition!)
● Search scales that fit certain chords
● Search chords that fit certain scales
● Easy visual representation of scales
● Theoretical and practical usage for any musical instrument
● Accompaniment feature: you can see and listen to the chords that fit currently selected Scale. This feature can be switched off when it is unnecessary.
● Six selectable timbres of accompaniment plus adjustable chorus effect
● Play piano keyboard on the screen with your fingers
● Piano keyboard is easily movable and resizable with your fingers
● Lock to Scale function. It enables you to play only those notes, which belong to currently selected Scale on the piano keyboard. This is useful to play a melody on keyboard or to quickly listen to selected Mode or Scale
● Transpose to any desired key by tapping Transpose button (T) and dragging notes with your finger along the piano keyboard
● Ability to change playback tempo for training
● Ability to adjust a volume balance between accompaniment and piano sounds
● Note names are displayed inside the playback cursor
● Sharps and flats signatures correspond to the current scale's key
● Note degree feature allows to see current note's scale degree
● Manual step by step note playback in both directions
● Stereo high-quality sound engine for listening in headphones
● Designed for both iPhone and iPad
● Supported screen resolutions include iPhone 6/6S, 6 Plus/6S Plus, and iPad retina
iOS 5.1.1 and up compatible
- graphics engine updated for better support of iPhone 6/6S, 6 Plus/6S Plus and iPad retina high resolution screens;
- new folders added: 6+9, 7sus4-9, 7sus4,9,13, maj7+9, minor/II, major/II, m add4, m 7-9;
- bug fixed that could cause audio to stop playing in some cases;
- bug fixed in modes picker, which led sometimes to the selection of wrong exercise;
- transpose related bug fixed that could cause program to crash in some cases;
- overall stability improved, memory leaks removed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can see every scale but a basic major and minor scale.
Can’t find a minor scale. I just want to see a minor scale highlighted on the keyboard but it’s not available. It’s has so many scales that I can’t find a basic minor scale and major scale. So sorry I spent money on this.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! It is well known for a musician, that a "basic minor scale" is called Aeolian scale, and a major scale is called Ionian scale. Now you know it too. Both of these scales are of course represented inside our app, and you can find them using the "Search by scale..." folder inside the scale selector. After you will make sure they both present in the app, as well as many other scales, we hope you will consider rating our app with a better mark.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.