*** Featured by Apple in the App Store in 2009 ***
Piano Sharp is a virtual piano that allows you to compose music, play your own MIDI files and record new songs in a simple way. It features a new innovative way to pre-record up to three parts of your song separately (with adjustable velocity and tempo) and then play/loop them while recording the main song.
You can record your songs in MIDI format then export to your computer for external editing/playing with your preferred audio application. Even if you can't play the piano, you can still enjoy listening to high-quality piano tunes, which can be imported into Piano Sharp as MIDI file.
- Five octaves of high-quality sampled piano sounds and low-latency
- Export your recorded songs or import MIDI files to play with high-quality piano sounds
- Create up to three loops or sequences to assist you while recording a complex song (double-tap on R1-R3 buttons to re-record or edit velocity/tempo/loop)
- Scroll keyboard left/right using Accelerometer
- Adjustable keyboard size
- Ability to change position and tempo of the song playing
- Slide your fingers to roll the keys
- Play up to five keys simultaneously
Some of demo songs included in the application:
- Arabesque #1 - Claude Debussy
- Clair de Lune - Claude Debussy
- Fur Elise – Beethoven
- Moonlight Sonata 3rd - Beethoven
- Pathetique Sonata, Movement 2 - Beethoven
- Canon in D major - Johann Pachelbel
- Symphony No. 5 - Bethoven
- Turkish March – Mozart
- Gymnopedie #1 - Erik Satie
- Fantaisie Impromptu – Chopin
- Etude Opus 10 No.4 – Chopin
- Nocturne Opus 55 No. 1 – Chopin
- Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2 - Chopin
- Passacaglia - Handel
- Symphony No. 40 I and III - Mozart
- Spring - Vivaldi
- Air on the G String - Bach
- Badinerie - Bach
- Bourree - Bach
- Swan Lake Scene 1 - Tchaikovsky
- Symphony No. 3 - Brahms
- Habanera - Bizet
- In the Hall of the Mountain King - Grieg
- Polonaise - Oginski
- Sabre Dance - Khachaturian
- Morning - Grieg
- The Poet's Heart - Grieg
- Greensleeves - English folk song
- The Entertainer - Scott Joplin
- Gounod - Soldiers Chorus
Follow us on twitter @iRambax for news and updates.
● Compatible with iOS 10
● Compatible with iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
● Added new songs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is by far the best piano app out there, yet it's not perfect. There are several things that could be included to make this app perfect. For one, I would like to be able to save my R1, R2, and R3, so they dont delete should i need to exit the app. It would also be good of you could play them at the same time. Other features that I would like to see, is the ability to play with iPod, the ability to go back and edit and add on to songs that you've already recorded, and all of the other suggestions people have already made ;). Once these simple things get added on, this will be a must by even for people who dont like the piano :D
Really neat, but...
Terrific design, nice interface. Imports my 2 track MIDIs just fine. However, the tempo adjustment rarely works. I swipe it and swipe it and then when it finally does work I move the bar far past where I wanted it to stop, and now the bar is immovable again. You've got some work to do before this is bug free. Very nice start. I look forward to the fixes. This will be my favorite app when all the fixes are in. For $1.99, I am thrilled with what I've gotten so far. Would love to hear from the developers directly. Have to add that this is a poor MIDI player. It skips most 1/8 notes at any tempo.
Tip for piano learners: This is a terrific way to have a device sitting on your piano that can demonstrate what a piece of music should sound like while you are trying to learn it. I use a program on my desktop computer to create a 2 track (left hand/right hand) midi track of my sheet music. Then I load the midi track into Piano Sharp. Now I can listen to the demo at my piano. Great teaching tool. Change the tempo to listen to fast passages played slowed down for learning.
Just a few things and could be killa
The samples on this app are very good, the three track recording is nice and the abilty to export and import midi files is a huge plus.
However this app suffers from the same flaw all the piano apps suffer from. The Ipod isn't a piano! I haven't found a solution to the scrolling problem. Using the accelerometer isn't the answer as who can play and scroll at the same time. If I were able to program an app like this I think I'd try a two touch slide something like Nlog snyth uses but using two fingers so the you can still roll the keys.
Anyway back to this app. It sounds great! The keyboard which shows the notes playing to midi files is nice, but reduces the size of the keys too much for my fat fingers. Maybe some way to hide that.
Also an overdub feature on the track recording would be nice so a single mistake doesn't mean a complete redo.
These are just suggestions and this app is well worth the two bucks, so buy it and support the developer so they can make it better.
After spending more time with this app I have taken away a star because the three track recording is flawed. I'd like to be able to lay down a bass line on R1 and then record that to R2 and add some lead lines. But you can't do that because when you hit R2 to record and R1 to play it stops. Also the app has crashed like the reviewer above me states. The keyboard is TOO small!
Right now it's best use is to play MIDI files but needs serious work to be a useful app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.