distance, angle, bearing and area calculation, Metric | Imperial unit, open | save | share KML/CSV, Edit | Fit points, add points with Lat - Lng, GPS TRACKING, Notes
Planimeter is a tool to measure distance, area and perimeter on a map. You can measure manually or by GPS tracking. You can also check the bearing and geo-coordinates of your location and share it. Points can be labeled, saved and shared in KML format.
This measurement app is useful for outdoor activities and can be used as land surveyor by amateurs and professionals in various industries like sport, farming, landscaping, paving and construction, road building and repairing, real estate business, hiking and travel, fencing, lot building and planning, solar panel installation (roof area estimation), object mapping, lawn design, and many other where land area and distance / length calculations, land survey or maps are involved.
If you have any question about Planimeter and its functionality, please check How To Use Quick Guide:
Accurate distance and area calculation
Metric and Imperial units (m, km, feet, yards, miles, ha, acres)
Angle between lines
Bearings To and From the point
Forth and Back navigation through points by touch on Info Panel
GPS coordinates of a point
GPS accuracy settings (if GPS available)
Manage previously saved projects: open, save, share KML files
KML files created by Planimeter can be imported to GEarth and GMaps to view on a desktop
Send data by email: picture, coordinates as text message, KML file
Save KML or TXT in local storage
Zoom and Edit points
Current location search
Text (address) search
Delete selected/last/all points
Zoom to Fit-in and center points on a screen - quick points search
Add points by touch
Add current location as a point
Show location with Latitude and Longitude coordinates
Add points by Geo-coordinates: Lat and Lng
Option to center last point added
Option to show/hide lines
Preferences: location accuracy, tracking time interval, delete points confirmation, sound option for tracking
Separate units settings for distance, area, perimeter
Target Mode for accurate pin placement
Show current coordinates in Target Mode
Stylus Draw Mode
Manual pin placement in GPS Tracking
The app has been successfully used in different areas:
- outdoor activities: sports, golf (distance between two points or holes), bike tours, trail planning, travelling, quick path measure
- garden and yard: landscape planning, grass cutting, lawn care and mowing, fencing, grass seeding.
- agriculture, poultry and farming: harvesting, fertilizing, crops (corn, wheat, maize, beet, etc.) planning and estimation, field area measure, paddocks and area fencing for cows, horses, chickens, rabbits, etc.
- solar energy: area estimation for solar panels, flat roof area estimation
- construction: land survey, road sealing, parking lot repairing
- forestry: objects and tree mapping, damage area estimation, measure land area
- other: ponds size and are measure; pole lines planning; movement tracking; get exact GPS coordinates of way-points; fence calculation; geocaching.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
If you like the app and find it useful please support us with your feedback and comment.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments or bug reports.
improved sharing options KML, CSV, PDF
points number in the report
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for asphalt estimation but needs a few improvements
I just used this app to double check my field measurements instead of having to drive 2 hours, and measure in the field for another 2 hours..saving me time and money.
2 things I would to see in the future
1. It would be much easier and more accurate for my line of work if I could zoom in further on the satellite image. It’s fine if it’s pixelated, I just need more accurate points.
2. The pins need to be either translucent or simply small dots. The pins coming off the map effect covers up the image where I need to place my next point in some cases..thus causing loss of accuracy.
Hopefully these changes can be made, because at this point I’m still looking for a better app. Thank you
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions!
We will consider your request about zoom for accurate pin placement.
Regarding your 2nd point, you can hide pins, lines, area by using short and LONG touch on Area and Distance buttons.
Contact email@example.com if have any other suggestions or need any help. Thank you for your support!
Overall what I’m looking for. Will work great for my lawn service business. The only option I really would like to see added is an address search function, that would help having to look up a property in another app to find lat & long, then back to this app.
I’m currently trying to divide up in thirds (approx 8.3 acres each) 25 acres along a partial of land that is road side on one side and a creek running diagonal across the back. I would like to be able to keep highlighted each 1/3 as I move and adjust the pins so that to keep track of the boundaries and find my layout to make the equal division of land. Makes sense ??
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- VisTech.Projects LLC
- 15.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © VisTech.Projects LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.