Play on Words (POW) is a new word game where players aim to place letters on a game board making the highest scoring word possible. The game offers unique features, such as both players having identical letter racks, random and multiple POW wild letter tiles to promote competition, two game modes, and two board sizes. In this way POW eliminates the element of chance found in other word games, allowing the skill of each player to come to the fore. This is further enhanced by a challenge mode in which the POW dictionary is disabled and it is up to players to challenge their opponents’ word for validity or play on and accept it. Dictionary mode has POW adjudicating word validity using the built in dictionary. Words are only revealed once each players has locked in their word. Players accumulate points for each word played, with only the highest scoring word remaining on the board. Unique player tile colours highlight board domination at a glance. Play ends after four consecutive passes or when all the tiles have been placed on the board.
Key features of POW:
1. Both players play with the same letters racks, using them to place the highest scoring word on the board.
2. Two board sizes are offered: 15 x 21 squares (landscape) and 15 x 15 squares (portrait).
3. Multiple wild letter tiles (POW tiles) are in play.
4. Players are rated based on their winning/losing history.
5. Ranked players feature on a six tier leaderboard.
6. Two game modes: Challenge and Dictionary.
7. Tournament standard dictionary.
- Major improvements to the matchmaking system.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Arcadia Games
- 233.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 ARCADIA GAMES PTY LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Modes $5.99
- Remove Ads $1.99
- Buy Ranked Mode $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.