PlayerFM is a top independent podcast player and podcast library, empowering listeners around the world to search, discover, save and listen to more than 20+ million free podcasts.
Find your favorite shows and discover new shows focused on education, news, business, technology, sports, comedy, music, and more! Our podcast library is updated multiple times per day, ensuring we always have the latest shows and episodes. Plus, discover free audiobooks, documentaries, video podcasts and interviews with our human-powered catalog and advanced episode-level search.
• Offline listening - When you're commuting and relaxing, your podcast player is still there for you, even with no wifi.
• Seamless cloud sync - Follow it on your phone and you'll see it on your tablet too.
• Social - Like and share favorite episodes.
• Discover - See what's hot and trending.
• Colors & dark theme - Match your style.
• Podcast categories - Organize your shows into genres and moods.
• Sleep timer - Let the podcasts sleep when you do.
• NEW Space Saver - Compress downloaded episodes, while maintaining audio quality. A 100MB MP3 could compress to 30MB!
• NEW Relax & Sleep - Discover and listen to relaxing sleep sounds hand-picked by our editors.
• NEW Custom App Icons - Choose from 9 unique app icons to match your home screen.
• NEW iPad support - Explore the app in Portrait and Landscape views.
• NEW Apple Watch support - Access playback controls and more, now from your wrist!
• Ad-Free experience - Focus on the content of your favorite podcast episodes without the distraction of ads.
• Play on multiple devices - Easily sync playlists, full play history, and resume playback across devices.
• Playlists & bookmarks - Organize with playlists and timestamped bookmarks tied to your cloud account.
• Theme editor - Full control on themes, cloud-sync all your themes, unlock all premium themes.
• Turbo Fetch - Get updates early & often. Be the first to know!
• Personal search - Locate any episode with ease from your subscriptions and playlists.
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY
LifeHacker: "Guides you to smart, interesting podcasts"
Tested: "Right from the start, I found the experience of using PlayerFM enjoyable"
GigaOm: "Makes podcasts look cool again"
SUPPORT & SOCIAL
email@example.com • twitter.com/playerfm • www.facebook.com/playerfm • blog.player.fm
Terms of Service: https://player.fm/legal
Subscription Terms: Payment for subscriptions will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
A new update to Player FM has arrived! Here’s what’s new in this release:
- Home Screen widgets for iOS 14 users are here! Check out your Latest Releases or discover something new with Recommended.
- Introducing a new monthly Premium membership. Subscribe to sync across device, save download space, and add bookmarks.
- You can now one tap subscribe to series on a variety of screens.
We hope you enjoy the update!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s got Bookmarks Baby!
That’s right, this podcast app has bookmarks. I can bookmark any Part of any podcast episode and write a little snippet about that bookmark to help me find it later. Only a few podcast apps have bookmarks. I like the way PlayerFm does bookmarks best. Although, I would like to be able to see all bookmarks in a list without having to click an episode, the way this app does bookmarks remains the best in my eyes! Here’s to you devs.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot, THEDAYISMINE! You may see the list of all your bookmarks by accessing the Playlists screen from the bottom navigation panel, then selecting [Bookmarks] on the top bar. Please don't hesitate to mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need further assistance or have suggestions for improvement. Cheers.
Doesn't resume shows properly. Slow to load app + retrieve new shows. Eats battery.
Unless paying for a subscription magically solves these issues it might be better to find a new option if these are deal breakers for you. Also don’t waste your time sending any issues to their support email because they don’t respond now that Maple Media has taken over. It seems they only respond here to address negative reviews since they are made public. Customer service theater?
-Shows do not properly resume anymore. Lots of other people are experiencing the same issue. You have to play another show or close the app for it to resume properly. If you don’t do this then forget about resuming where you left off. If you pause the show and leave the app open, the show will restart from the beginning once the app refreshes itself.
-App can take minutes to load and can also take minutes to retrieve new shows. This happens regardless if on WiFi or not. Enjoy constantly trying to refresh with no new results even though new episodes are clearly available. Seems this got even worse once they introduced the forced ads.
-Eats incredible amounts of battery even if you are playing pre downloaded shows (non streaming). Two hours of play time can drain the battery by 40% or more even if your battery peak performance is at 100%, incredible!
This app was actually decent before (4 stars) with a responsive dev team, unfortunately now it's 2 stars at the best... sad.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the issues you're having, buttpockets. That's certainly not how the app should behave, and we'd like to further investigate it for you. For us to do that, can you please send logs in Settings | Help | [Contact us]? We look forward to receiving your report soon. Cheers.
Good not great!
I recently switched from Stitcher and I’ve been searching for a podcast app that lets me put entire podcasts into categories, not just episode playlists. This is actually the only app I can find that does that besides Stitcher. And for that, I really love this app!
My problem with it is that when I try to sort a podcast with a large backload by “oldest first,” it does not show me the oldest episodes. I’ve tried it with a few podcasts now, and I am unable to see the oldest episodes without scrolling all the way down or by searching them manually.
That’s truly my only problem with what is otherwise a great app. Just as a matter of preference, I would love to be able to remove the “suggestions” from the Series Grid View. I’d love to be able to just see the podcasts that I have put into folders without all those extras.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback, natejenswold. For your issue, can you please share an example podcast where it occurs so we can further investigate for you? Please feel free to get back to us with your logs by going to Settings > Help > [Contact us]. Meanwhile, we've taken note of your suggestion and we'll consider it in future updates. Cheers.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Perfect Day, LLC.
- 124.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 6.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Aghem, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2020 Maple Media
- In-App Purchases
- Player FM Pro Membership $47.99
- Premium Subscription $39.99
- Player FM Monthly Premium $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.