Meet Playster: The world’s first all-in-one entertainment service, offering unlimited streaming of ebooks, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows. Playster brings millions of premium titles together in one easy-to-use app.
From the Big Five publishers (HarperCollins, Hachette Book Group, Macmillan Publishers, Penguin Random House and Simon and Schuster) to Warner Music Group, The Orchard, National Geographic, BBC and more, Playster houses entertainment in all its forms from the world’s biggest publishers, labels and movie studios, as well as from the best indie talent.
You can now enjoy unlimited streaming of over 100,000 audiobooks with no credits and no restrictions. What’s more, switching between media types has never been easier because it’s all housed in one app. Listen to an expertly curated playlist, pull up a movie soundtrack, choose the perfect audible story or watch an educational documentary at the click of a button. And with hundreds of new titles added every week, Playster’s diverse digital catalog just keeps growing.
• Stream unlimited books, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows.
• Enjoy countless New York Times Best Sellers, like The Girl on the Train, Fifty Shades of Grey, Hamilton, Inferno, It, The Light Between Oceans, The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo and more.
• Choose from a wide range of genres, including: Young Adult, Romance, Mystery, Thriller, Business, Cooking, Health & Fitness, Religion, Kids, Science Fiction.
• Download books, audiobooks and music for offline streaming.
• Discover new favorites with unique mood-based sorting, which offers cross-media recommendations for every mood and occasion.
• Stream hundreds of expertly curated playlists. Or create your own ultimate playlist, which you can then share with friends on social media via Facebook and Twitter.
• Access unabridged Bibles in multiple languages, including English, Spanish and French, in both eBooks and audiobook formats.
• Audiobooks Selection - unlimited access to audiobooks for $14.99 per month.
• Playster Unlimited - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $34.99 per month.
• Playster Premium - unlimited digital access with audiobooks premium for $46.99 per month.
• Audiobook Premium - unlimited premium audiobook access for $29.99 per month.
• Unlimited Books - unlimited access to books for $14.99 per month.
• Unlimited Music - unlimited access to music for $4.99 per month.
• Unlimited Movies + TV shows - unlimited access to movies and TV shows for $3.99 per month.
All Prices are shown is in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply. All subscriptions can be cancelled anytime.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Connect With Playster:
- Improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I use for the audiobooks only. Pretty good selection but the books don’t always play. Sometimes I will start a book and then not be able to finish it because of an “error”. I have one book that I have been anxious to listen to and it only shows the error. I’ve emailed and did all their silly requests, replies and months later still can’t listen to the book. Searching is also a problem. You have to go at it many different ways to hopefully find what you are looking for. And sometimes the authors will show but none of their books;even though I’ve seen their books on the app. The saving audiobooks to your list isn’t a good either. Sometimes only the top ones will show. Sometime the authors A-F are available but not the rest. Honestly though very frustrated I want to keep this service because when it works you can get your moneys worth and more from it. But instead of getting better seems it’s getting worse. Customer service is okay but all in all not helpful.
Not worth it
I started using this because it was the same price as audible but you weren’t restricted to just one book. Although I still use audible as well because Playster does not carry all of the books that I want. The app itself is ridiculously bad. The search function is horrible. You can search for a specific book or author and not find it but then find another book from that same author, hit their name then find the book you were previously looking for. Or find a book one day and be unable to find it again. And it loses your place or logs you out all the time. But it was still worth it to me to put up with all of the inadequacies because of the cost/# of books aspect. But after months of using it, and hours of searching for books and adding them to my account, now they are all premium books. All of them. They even changed the book I was listening to to premium and I was only able to finish it by trying the premium version for free. It is no longer worth all of the nuisances you have to put up with with the app if you have to spend more money to get the books you want. I have cancelled my membership and will be sticking to audible and the library from now on.
Warning... Playster might not be logitmit. Don’t pay them.
I was shut out of service as soon as iTunes automatically built me. Playster said it was an account messup and instead of resolving it told me to ask Apple for a refund. Apple took me in circles and essentially directed me back to Playster. Now my only choice is to dispute the charge with my credit company.
I have been Playster’s paying customer for less than 3 months. Had several app bugs and Playster support repeatedly told me to be patient. At one time one support person said the bug was caused by them raising price by 30 percent, and a couple hours later another support said they never raised prices.
They launched an audiobook premium plan in December and took out all the good books out of the basic plan. They are just trying to get you to pay more.
Do you realize the box popped up on the app the most often is asking you to upgrade the plan? Anything or everything could trigger the message.
If Apple does not want to be responsible, it should not let the app stay and charge the 30 percent on top while sticking the customers with the mess. It should kick Playster out of App Store.
- Playster Group Ltd
- 168.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Playster Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Audiobooks Select $14.99
- Playster Unlimited $34.99
- Audiobooks Premium $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.