PlayerFM is a top independent podcast player and podcast library, empowering listeners around the world to search, discover, save and listen to more than 20+ million free podcasts.
Find your favorite shows and discover new shows focused on education, news, business, technology, sports, comedy, music, and more! Our podcast library is updated multiple times per day, ensuring we always have the latest shows and episodes. Plus, discover free audiobooks, documentaries, video podcasts and interviews with our human-powered catalog and advanced episode-level search.
• Offline listening - When you're commuting and relaxing, your podcast player is still there for you, even with no wifi.
• Seamless cloud sync - Follow it on your phone and you'll see it on your tablet too.
• Social - Like and share favorite episodes.
• Discover - See what's hot and trending.
• Colors & dark theme - Match your style.
• Podcast categories - Organize your shows into genres and moods.
• Sleep timer - Let the podcasts sleep when you do.
• NEW Space Saver - Compress downloaded episodes, while maintaining audio quality. A 100MB MP3 could compress to 30MB!
• NEW Relax & Sleep - Discover and listen to relaxing sleep sounds hand-picked by our editors.
• NEW Custom App Icons - Choose from 9 unique app icons to match your home screen.
• NEW iPad support - Explore the app in Portrait and Landscape views.
• NEW Apple Watch support - Access playback controls and more, now from your wrist!
• Ad-Free experience - Focus on the content of your favorite podcast episodes without the distraction of ads.
• Play on multiple devices - Easily sync playlists, full play history, and resume playback across devices.
• Playlists & bookmarks - Organize with playlists and timestamped bookmarks tied to your cloud account.
• Theme editor - Full control on themes, cloud-sync all your themes, unlock all premium themes.
• Turbo Fetch - Get updates early & often. Be the first to know!
• Personal search - Locate any episode with ease from your subscriptions and playlists.
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY
LifeHacker: "Guides you to smart, interesting podcasts"
Tested: "Right from the start, I found the experience of using PlayerFM enjoyable"
GigaOm: "Makes podcasts look cool again"
SUPPORT & SOCIAL
firstname.lastname@example.org • twitter.com/playerfm • www.facebook.com/playerfm • blog.player.fm
Terms of Service: https://player.fm/legal
Subscription Terms: Payment for subscriptions will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Introducing the latest & GREATEST version of Player FM. We are happy to announce that we now support CarPlay! The ultimate companion to the newly enhanced Player FM, CarPlay allows you to listen to your favorite podcasts on the go.
Here’s what’s new:
- Brand new CarPlay support!
- Improved legibility of the newly elevated UI
- Improved custom icon and theme settings
- Enhanced playback controls
- Elevated discovery features
- Several bug fixes and tweaks in response to user feedback
Thank you for continuing to support Player FM! Comments, questions, or feedback? Feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
It’s got Bookmarks Baby!
That’s right, this podcast app has bookmarks. I can bookmark any Part of any podcast episode and write a little snippet about that bookmark to help me find it later. Only a few podcast apps have bookmarks. I like the way PlayerFm does bookmarks best. Although, I would like to be able to see all bookmarks in a list without having to click an episode, the way this app does bookmarks remains the best in my eyes! Here’s to you devs.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot, THEDAYISMINE! You may see the list of all your bookmarks by accessing the Playlists screen from the bottom navigation panel, then selecting [Bookmarks] on the top bar. Please don't hesitate to mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need further assistance or have suggestions for improvement. Cheers.
Beautiful app - Testing Premium for a month
I am a hardcore podcast listener with over 600 subscriptions in my old pod catcher app, mostly Audiodramas. With so many subscriptions in the same genre, having an app that lets me create lists or groups of PODCASTS is an absolute must. Almost every podcast app has playlists for EPISODES only. I’ve only found ONE other player that had podcast lists. I downloaded 14 other podcast apps before settling on PlayerFM. It has a VERY pleasing aesthetic with podcast groups, tagging, bookmarks, custom themes, and advanced controls. Yet it’s not overwhelming or difficult to use. I bought premium for a month before I commit to a year sub. I really like it so far. This is a beautiful and solid app with great features other apps just do not have.
Developers noted my suggestions so no need to keep them in the review. Had a couple issues but received an update via this review that my issues ticket had been replied to. This was very helpful because my iCloud storage was full. I reached out to dev via a different email and I’m sure I will hear back quickly since the communication issue seemed to be on my end and not theirs. Thanks for the beautiful app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for updating your review, kforsythe1! We'd like to inform we received the message you sent via your other email address, and we replied to it. Let's keep in touch via email so we can effectively address your concerns further. Cheers.
Not bad but some bugs
Update 19 July 2021
Issues listed below are still happening and no response from the developer.
So far it is one of the better podcast apps for the features that do work. But there are some issues. - When listening via Bluetooth, in my case my car, it will loose it’s place in the podcast and start over when the Bluetooth connection breaks then starts. This happens when I leave my car then get back in. It makes me not want to listen via Bluetooth - During play and when the screen is locked (iPhone), the app will stop playing without touching the phone. It does not appear to have anything to do with emails or other notifications, not sure what is causing it. It happens at different lengths of times. I have to manually restart the podcast.
Developer Response ,
Hello - We're sorry to read that. As to your issues, can you please send a report with logs in Settings | Help | [Contact us] so we can further investigate for you? Please feel free to disregard this request if you already sent a report. In such a case, please mail us back on the same email thread (you should be able to find it in the [Sent] folder of the email address you used in sending the report), and let us know it's you who wrote this review so we can check the status of your issues for you. Cheers.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Perfect Day, LLC.
- 131.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Aghem, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Maple Media
- In-App Purchases
- Player FM Pro Membership $47.99
- Player FM Monthly Premium $3.99
- Premium Subscription $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.