Projects 2 is a powerful project management application for planning, updating and reporting project progress. It provides Task List, Gantt and Calendar views that make is easy to visualize a project.
Projects 2 has been designed for ease of use in the office using an iPad and when mobile using an iPhone. It is easy to update during a meeting and report progress to team members.
It has many features that simplify and help manage a project:
• Working & Non-Working Time : The duration of a task can be scheduled as ‘Elapsed’ for continuous activity or ‘Working Time’ for activity that occurs during working hours. Working and non-working days can be specified, including the start and end time for the working day.
• Batch Editing : Allows multiple tasks to be modified at once to update status, start date, end date, duration, flag and percent complete.
• Linked Tasks : Establish parent-child relationships and have the child tasks update automatically when a parent task changes.
• Filter : Filter the Task, Gantt and Calendar views to show tasks of interest. Filter by Flag, Milestone, Status, Phase, Resource.
• Sort : Tasks can be sorted manually or automatically by name, start date and end date and grouped by status.
• Resources : Create and assign resources to tasks. Filter and search by resource in Task, Calendar and Gantt views.
• Search : Find tasks easily with keyword search for tasks and notes. This will filter Task and Gantt views to show the tasks which meet the search criteria.
• Dashboard : A Dashboard gives a quick overview of your project showing key dates, task counts, status, task duration and completion.
• To Do List : Add a checklist of To Do items to task to keep track of key deliverables and tick them off as they are completed. The task’s percent complete will update automatically.
— TASK VIEW —
• The Task view is great for listing the tasks within a project.
• Customize the appearance to simply/expand the information displayed.
• Show/hide notes and completed tasks.
• Color code a task to identify it’s status.
• Identify tasks as milestones.
• Single tap on a task to edit it’s properties:
- Description, notes, dates, duration, status, flag, percent complete and resource.
- Edit to do items.
- Establish parent/child relationships.
— GANTT VIEW —
• The Gantt view is great for viewing project timescales.
• Adjust the time scale to show days/weeks/months/quarters.
• Zoom, Pan and Scroll the view to see all tasks in a Project.
• Tap on the task name to scroll the task into view.
• Long press on a task to establish parent/child relationships.
• Customize the information displayed next to the Gantt bar.
— CALENDAR —
• View tasks on a Month and Day Calendar.
• Scroll/Swipe to change the displayed date.
• Select a date on the month calendar to view a specific date.
• Adjust task time and duration on the day calendar with interactive touch controls.
• Customize the appearance of the calendars to show/hide notes and completed tasks.
• View tasks in a Gantt format or time based format.
— REPORTS —
• There are 3 templates for reporting project status:
- Gantt Report showing the Gantt chart.
- Task & Notes Report showing tasks, notes, date and duration.
- To Do List Report showing tasks with to do items.
• Customize what is included in the report and preview before sending
• Send report by Email in PDF format
• Print a hardcopy using a wireless printer with AirPrint.
— OTHER —
• Use iCloud to store project files and keep up to date on all your devices
• Export in PJ2 format to backup or share a project with other Projects 2 users
• Import a project file created in Projects PJ1 format
• Set the project time zone
For more information, visit our website
- UI Update for iOS 12
- Added Tutorials (accessible from the Tools Menu)
- Performance Improvements
- Added keyboard shortcuts
- Fixed issue re-ordering tasks on iOS 9, iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
Okay, but not practical
Update: After first update, working time doesn't save and always reverts back to 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Also noticed that tasks are kept in phases and you can't organize these phases as sub-phases.
Spent some time with this app, hoping that it would replace my sg pro. Two things make this app unusable for regular work: descriptions appear to be limited to less than 30 characters per line (in the report) and there is no way to input non-working holidays. Otherwise this app is pleasant and easy to use.
Would be a nice app if I could import a msproject xml file.
- Thomas Blackburn
- 26.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2018 Thomas Blackburn
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.