Proloquo4Text™ is a text to speech app for those who cannot rely on their voice to speak. The app is laid out on a single screen to reduce the effort of typing. The layout enables easy, daily conversation and quick access to your most common phrases. Personalize it to your needs and preferences, whether that’s through choosing from the many voices available, or through customizing your screen layout.
Proloquo4Text is the leading AAC solution for literate adults, teens and children. It is used by people with a wide range of diagnoses, including developmental disabilities (like autism, apraxia, and cerebral palsy) and acquired disorders (like laryngectomy, ALS, stroke, or traumatic brain injury). Proloquo4Text can be used to produce speech by anyone who can type and spell.
Communicate with ease
• Use the single screen for easy access to words, phrases and keyboard
• Switch easily between conversations, making it easy to answer a question in another conversation, without disrupting what you typed in the first conversation.
• Decide when you speak with play, pause and speak-as-you-type
• Adjust appearance (font, color, text size) to your preference and needs
Reduce typing effort
• Create, save and organize commonly used phrases
• Make typing quicker with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix™ word prediction
• Show what you typed with the fullscreen view and flip text features
• Type once, then say it again with history and sentence prediction
• Use keyboard shortcuts for quick access when using an external keyboard
Choose your voice
• Download, natural-sounding voices within Proloquo4Text. All premium Acapela voices are included in Proloquo4Text with no in-app purchase.
• Add personality and humor to your conversations with free specialty voices
• Choose from over 100 voices in 18 languages, so you can find the one that sounds most like you. Switch easily between languages.
• Use my-own-voice, a voice-banking technology, to preserve and capture the essence of your own voice in synthetic speech.
Share your world
• Send email, messages, and tweets from Proloquo4Text
• Write in Proloquo4Text and copy your text into another app
• Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text
• Make phone and FaceTime video calls with Proloquo4Text.
Take your voice anywhere
• Proloquo4Text is available on both iOS and macOS. With iOS, you can use the app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch. The Mac version is a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
• Smoothly transition between devices, thanks to Proloquo4Text’s consistent navigation on iPhone and iPad
• Easily access your commonly used phrases on Apple Watch, and just tap to show or speak them. You can customize the contents shown on the Watch from your iPhone.
• Follow words as they are spoken with optional sentence or word highlighting
• Optimized for Switch Control and VoiceOver
•Communicate without an internet connection
• Use multitasking functionality to run another app side-by-side on supported devices
• Keep your devices in sync by easily backing up and restoring your customizations and stored phrases.
AssistiveWare® is the developer of Proloquo2Go®, an award-winning symbol-based communication app that provides a voice to over 200,000 individuals around the world.
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program for Education.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements. Thanks for using our app!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve conducted hundreds of AAC assessments and have to say how important having P4Text in my toolkit is. Adults that insist on original speech take too long to generate sentences from scratch. 90% of the time, the other person walks away before it’s ready. Sentence banking allows the user or helper to anticipate events and prepare what to say ahead, so that sentences are ready with a press or two of the screen.
Developer Response ,
Hi Quazmoto, thank you so much for the positive review and sharing your thoughts on Proloquo4Text. When we designed Proloquo4Text, we kept the needs of adult communicators in mind. If you have not done so already, please feel free to look at our Proloquo4Text Help section (www.assistiveware.com/support/proloquo4text) and Learn AAC section (www.assistiveware.com/learn-aac) for helpful information on using the app and AAC, including articles for people who use text-based AAC. Please feel free to email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you ever have questions about Proloquo4Text. We are always happy to help. :-)
Speaks for Me
A neurological disease has taken my speech. Thanks to the speech people at Johns Hopkins, I discovered the power of Proloquo4Text. I type. It speaks. It helps me feel whole.
Developer Response ,
Hi Mmamuzk, thank you so much for your positive review and sharing how Proloquo4Text has transformed your communication. Hearing stories such as yours validates our work. Whether it is an AAC app or universal access software, many people can relate to your situation where technology fills something that is missing and becomes a part of you. If you ever have any questions about Proloquo4Text, please feel free to email our team at email@example.com. We are always glad to help and assist users with our products. :-)
I talk more because of having this app.
I talk more due to having this app around.
Developer Response ,
Hi mast1dav, thank you for your positive review of Proloquo4Text! We are happy that the app is able to help you with your communication. If you have not done so already, be sure to checkout our Proloquo4Text Resources (http://www.assistiveware.com/product/proloquo4text/resources) and our Facebook group for Adult Proloquo4Text Users (https://www.facebook.com/groups/192898234141275/). Please feel free to email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you ever need help with the app. We are always happy to assist people who use our software. :-)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 561.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 AssistiveWare
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.