The method of loose associations is a psychoanalytic procedure for studying the unconscious, in which the individual freely talks about everything that comes to mind. It is one of the first projective methods actively used in psychoanalysis, psychology, sociology, psychiatry, social work, psycholinguistics.
Sigmund Freud and his followers assumed that uncontrolled associations are a symbolic or sometimes even direct projection of the inner, often unacknowledged, content of consciousness. This allows an associative experiment to be used to identify and describe affective complexes.
Sir Francis Galton was the first to try an associative experiment in 1879. He chose 75 words and wrote each of them on a separate card. Then he took the cards one by one and looked at them. He wrote down the thoughts while viewing for each word on the list, but refused to publish the results.
"They expose the essence of human thought with such amazing clarity that it is unlikely to be preserved if published" (Sir Francis Galton).
Carl Jung used the free association method as a lie detector, as it helped to establish the motivation of the individual. Thanks to this technique, a person can come to the realization of what is eating at him and begin to eliminate their psychological problems.
The human brain is organized in such a way that if it is necessary to remember something, it is encoded with a set of visual images, information from the senses, and related feelings in the body and emotions.
Now this universal method of unconscious research is also available in your mobile device!
The method can be used for both self-psychoanalysis and patient analysis.
The application will help you better understand your own feelings and understand what you really need, find a solution to personal problems that are hidden from you in the unconscious.
It will open to you:
- An awareness of what affects your perception and subconscious attitude towards a situation, event, fact. Even if you do not make any attempts to work on the area from which the word was chosen, after 3-6 months you will get a completely different result when you repeat the test. This is all subconscious work - when thoughts and associations are recorded and manifested in the consciousness, the person starts to analyze them anyway.
- Transformation effect. Due to conscious perception, there is a change of attitude and there is a reasonable scientific explanation for it. A person remembers not the event itself, but the last memory associated with it. The more new associations we attach to a keyword, the more the chain that is activated by that word will change. Depending on what emotions arise in associations, the change in the future emotional color of the chain, and the feelings that will arise in the next memory of this word. Thus, the brighter the emotion, the stronger the effect of rewriting.
- A ready-made map for further work on yourself. It will be clear what can be used as a resource and what should be changed. The higher awareness, the more determined a person is to change - this will help to achieve maximum results after passing the Jung Association Test.
It is recommended to combine the method of free association with meditation.
* * * * *
The application can be used for free in Trial mode.
On confirmation of purchase, payment will be made from your iTunes account. Subscriptions will renew automatically if auto-renewal is not disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. The subscription will be automatically renewed within 24 hours before the end of the current period for the same period as the previous one. You can manage subscription and disable auto-renewal in the Account settings.
License Agreement: http://tiny.cc/psychoanalysis_EULA
Performance has been improved.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Rylskov
- 21.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Alexander Rylskov - 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $6.99
- Annual $62.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.