Keeping track of the hours you work has never been easier. Whether you're self-employed, a freelance artist or a private contractor, it's important to keep an accurate record of the time you spend on-the-clock.
Unlike other complicated time clock utilities, Punch Time Clock requires zero setup or configuration to begin logging your time. Simply tap 'Clock in' and get to work. Tell the app when you start and end breaks, then finally clock out when you're finished. Review your Log to see a detailed list of completed shifts, make changes, or add and delete entries. At any time you're able to export the log for your personal records or send to a client or employer.
You're only as efficient as the tools you use. With intuitive functionality, all the features you need and none you don't, Punch helps you track your hours-worked without getting in the way.
:: FULLY EDITABLE LOGS ::
Create a shift from scratch. Adjust the time you clocked in yesterday. Add a break you forgot to log during Saturday's shift. You are in total control of your timesheets.
:: LOG EXPORTING :: *
Simply select a pay period, year, month or custom date range and Punch will list the matching entries in a nicely formatted table you can then email to yourself, a client, or the boss with a single tap! Attached to the email is a CSV spreadsheet file with the exported data which can be easily imported into your record keeping software of choice.
:: CUSTOM PAY PERIODS ::
Punch allows you to record your hours worked based on the frequency of your paychecks. Some people get paid weekly with their pay periods ending on Saturday, while others are paid every two weeks on Thursday. You can setup your pay schedule in the Settings screen. You only need to do this once.
:: EARNINGS ESTIMATES :: *
Set how much you're paid and what percentage you expect to be taxed and Punch automatically calculates your paychecks based on the hours you've worked for each pay period. You can also set optional overtime thresholds (both daily and weekly) that are paid at a different rate after a certain number of hours have been worked.
:: MULTIPLE BREAKS PER SHIFT ::
Two lunch breaks, three smoke-breaks, or fifteen "gotta-check-my-instagram" breaks; Record all of your [completely justified] off-the-clock time.
:: CUSTOM LABELS :: *
Whether you work multiple jobs, manage different projects, or simply want to make note of what you accomplished, labeling entries is easy and effective.
:: ENTRY NOTES :: *
Notes are a great place can keep track of mileage, justify overtime worked, summarize what you accomplished, or just keep personal records regarding your shift.
:: RETROACTIVE CLOCK-INS ::
Forgot to clock in? No problem. It's like the having your own time-machine. (Except, instead of influencing past events to alter the course of human history.. you're clocking in a few minutes earlier.)
:: FUTURE CLOCK-OUTS ::
If you know what time you'll be calling it quits, the app will handle the rest. (See: Time Machine, mundane uses of)
:: SMART SHIFT PERSISTENCE ::
Never lose your progress. Even if the app is closed or your device is restarted, tracking is uninterrupted and picks up where you left off.
:: DARK MODE :: *
Regardless of whether you think you're a ninja ... or just want to save your eyes from unnecessary eye-strain in dark rooms. Dark Mode is for you.
Punch Time Clock will always be free to use, forever. All core features needed to track your time are unlocked with zero limitations. If you wish you support our app and its continued improvement, a Pro upgrade is available that will unlock extra features, denoted above with an asterisk (*), and increase your productivity even more. Your support is greatly appreciated!
If you have a moment and can leave us a short review & rating we would be extremely grateful! Please send us an email if you have any questions or comments. Thank you.
• Fixed a bug we thought was eliminated with the last update but, distressingly, was not. The buttons on the home screen should now behave themselves.
--- New as of 1.2.8 ---
• Fixed a problem some users were having with their pay-rate not persisting in the setting's textfield. (We know that was fantastically frustrating, sorry!)
• Time Clock buttons on the main screen have been redesigned to be more intuitive and simplify the screen by reducing the number of buttons visible at any one time. Tap an action button to reveal the options of 1) Performing the action immediately, or 2) Choosing a specific time.
• Hiding Entry Labels would also hide Entry Notes in the Detail screen. Embarrassing, I know. This has been fixed.
• All screens have been redesigned to better resemble the native iOS user-interface and more fully adapt to the device's Accessibility features. This allows for instant familiarity and ease of operation for users of all levels of technical experience and capability.
• Punch now better support Dynamic Text. Changing the global text size of your device (Settings > General > Accessibility > Larger Text) will adjust the text throughout the app accordingly.
• The status banner on the home screen now updates more frequently, displaying the relative interval since the last action was performed. (ie: "0:15 ago")
• Our new Frequently Asked Question database can now be accessed via the Settings screen under Help & Support. There is also a link to send us your questions and comments. An ever-expanding knowledge-base, the FAQ page is a great resource and should answer the majority of questions you may have or issues you come across. Of course if you don't find the answer to your question in the FAQ, please reach out to us and we'll help you right away.
• When exporting, if an entry STARTED IN the desired date range but ENDED OUT of the range, it was not included in the export. This has been fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The new update is amazing
My only complaint about this app previously was that I couldn’t customize my pay periods. To lose the color themes and gain that feature was the best decision You guys could have made. I am now able to sync up my pay period hours with what I’m entering in the time card system at work and it makes it so much easier to keep track. If you guys add the estimated pay feature and allow us to enter our deductions for a close estimate, that would be amazing!! I am so loving this app!!!
My next suggestion is to add Apple Watch app that will allow you to hit clock in and out from there!!!
Not Loving the Latest Update
Update: I understand the change to less buttons/selections was to streamline the process. However, is it possible to consider making the option to automatically clock in after time has lapsed? For example, once I hit clock in, if no further action is made in 15-30 seconds then clock in now would be the default selection and the action would complete itself?
I miss the option for one button! I now have to click more than once to log my time which I find pretty frustrating after getting used to another process. I want a smooth operation and constantly being asked if I want to log now or at another time is very annoying. Please consider making a change back to the prior version or something to allow for a faster one step log.
Simple and clean
I really like this app. Works well and it’s easy and clean design lends itself to quick configuration. I only have one job, so I use it to track the company’s time clock to make sure I get the correct hours/pay each week. If I had one request, it would be the ability to choose a default label since I only have the one gig I have to remember to choose the label. I like that you can go into the label management and see all the hours for the label, hence the reason that I would love a default setting. Thanks for a great app and all your hard work that goes into the development. Great job!
- Trent Morris
- 53 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Trent Morris
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $1.99
- Amazing Tip $1.99
- Nice Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.