Are you trying to quit smoking? If you are finding it hard to stop smoking, QuitNow! is made for you.
First things first: you know smoking is bad for your body. Even so, lots of people keep smoking. So why should you quit? When you quit smoking, you improve the quality and length of your life and the lives of the people around you. One way to prepare to successfully launch your smoke-free life is to power-up your phone with QuitNow!
QuitNow! is a proven app that engages you to quit smoking. It aims you to avoid tobacco just giving you a picture of yourself. Quitting smoking is easier when you focus your effort in these four sections:
- Your ex-smoker status: When you quit smoking, the focus has to be on you. Remember the day you quitted and get the maths: how many days are you free of smoke, how many money you saved, and how many cigarettes you avoided.
- Achievements: your quit smoking motivations: As all tasks on life, quitting smoking is easier when you divide the task into small and easy ones. So, QuitNow! offers you 70 goals based on the cigarettes you avoided, the days since your last cigarette and the money saved. So, you will start celebrating achievements since the first day.
- Community: the ex-smokers chat: When you quit smoking, you need to stay within the non-smoking areas. QuitNow! offers a chat full of people that, like you, said goodbye to tobacco. Spending time with nonsmokers will make your way easier.
- Your ex-smoker health: QuitNow! offers a list of health indicators to explain how your body improves day by day. They are based in the World Health Organization ones, and we update them as soon as the W.H.O. does.
In addition, there are more sections in the preferences screen that could help you in your way to quitting smoking.
- Frequent Asked Questions: there are some tips to quit smoking, and honestly, we don’t know where to put them. Most quitters look for tips on the internet, and there are lots of fake tips there. We researched in the World Health Organisation archives to find the investigations they made and the conclusions they had. In the Frequent Asked Questions, you will find all the answers to those questions you have about quitting smoking.
- The QuitNow! bot: sometimes, you have strange questions that don’t appear in the F.A.Q. In those cases, you can ask the bot: we train her to answer those strange ones. If she doesn’t have a good answer, she will contact the QuitNow! crew and they will update their knowledge base, so she will learn the best answers to your questions. By the way, yes: all the bot answers are extracted from the W.H.O. archives, as the F.A.Q. tips.
- Books to quit smoking: knowing some techniques about quitting smoking makes the task easier. There's always someone talking about books in the chat, so we made an investigation to know which are the most popular, and which ones can actually help you to quit smoking for good.
Do you have any idea to make QuitNow! even better? If so, please do write us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added Arabic translation
- Added missing percentage symbol in health progress
- Some code updates for a better general performance
Ratings and Reviews
Very good app but…
This app is great and has a ton of features, and most importantly a live chat room for support. I am giving it only 2* though for this reason here, a lot of the features are there and FREE but others are hidden unless you PAY. Quitting smoking is very important, and you would think if someone creates an app to quit then that should mean they care but based on this app seems nobody wants to help you for the better unless you pay, it’s always about the dollar. But back to the app, you can view all features and it is awesome but you really should not have to pay for something like this, chatroom is more updated if you pay, but you can view it and chat in it without paying so paying is not really needed. I also like the layout. This app has so many features that its unreal, I never knew smoking caused all the issues that have improved since I quit and the app keeps me updated on how many I have avoided, how much money I have saved, milestones reached and more life I have saved. If you did not have to pay and the app was fully free, I would definitely give 5*.
Worth a shot
I’ve been telling my wife that I want to quit smoking for a year now, it’s about time I put my foot down and give it up again. This app seemed worth the small cost so I bought it. Lots of people seem to complain about the message room, personally I don’t plan on using it so I could care less what people are saying in there. The achievements are timer are enough to hold myself accountable as I’m only 20 min into it and not wanting to reset the timer. Lots of neat features, this may be the break I was looking for.
I have downloaded other alleged “Quit Smoking” apps. All of them ended up being fancy countdowns. This app has the countdowns (based on actual science) and a chat system to talk to other people to get support. I’m not saying that this app was the reason that I was able to quit. I will say that being able to log on and let out all of my smoking stress on the chat room, then get nothing but pleasant and supportive responses was a good tool for me. Cold turkey 17 days and counting.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback, Lendaddy88, and congratulations for your quit! :·)
- Fewlaps, S.C
- 65.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011 Fewlaps
- In-App Purchases
- QuitNow! PRO $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.