Take the awesome power of your Sony PlayStation 4 console, and give it the portability and convenience of the Nintendo Switch. Stream your PS4 games to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and play from anywhere. Never again will your gaming be interrupted when someone else needs to use the TV!
• Play your PlayStation 4 games while away from home by streaming over the internet
• Supports HD 720p video (1080p for PS4 Pro) at 60 frames per second for crisp, smooth gameplay
• Control games with any MFi game controller, or the built in virtual on-screen controller
• Highly tuned performance with extremely low lag
• Multiple profile support so you can use any number of different PlayStation 4 consoles or PSN accounts
• Customise the virtual on-screen controller to your liking
• Quick and easy one-time setup, start playing within seconds
• Playing over the internet requires your home network to be set up correctly. In most cases R-Play does this for you automatically. Some users may need to perform this set up manually, according to the instructions found in the included help guide.
• For the best streaming experience, your PS4 should be connected to your home network via LAN cable and your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch should be connected to a 5GHz WiFi network.
• Your PS4 must be linked to a PSN account (however, R-Play does NOT require your PSN password).
• If you need any assistance, our technical support team are on hand and are committed to quickly resolving any issues that you may encounter.
• Terms of service: https://iosremoteplay.com/terms-and-conditions/
Disclaimer: PS4, PlayStation 4 and PSN are trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. R-Play is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with Sony Computer Entertainment Inc, or any associated subsidiaries, logos or trademarks.
Regarding subscriptions: R-Play was previously offered as a free download + auto-renewable subscription. For anyone that initially installed R-Play while it was available as a free download, you will need to purchase the subscription in order to use the app and the following terms apply. For those that have paid to download R-Play, please disregard the following information on subscriptions as this does not apply to you.
The R-Play auto-renewable subscription period is 1 year, with a 14-day free trial. Payment for your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase but refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and stability enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Temper your expectations, but I’m impressed
I’m shocked I’m saying this, but this app is actually kind of amazing—as long as you keep your expectations in check. I’ve been playing Persona 5 remotely with it (over the internet, not LAN), and it’s been working really well. Now, there are occasional frame rate hiccups and latency issues, and the onscreen controls are only serviceable at best, but that’s totally fine for a slower paced game like Persona. If you expect to play fast paced games remotely where tight controls and fast reaction times are important, you’re going to have a bad time. It might work OK over LAN, but it’s still not going to be great. But for certain slower games, it works nearly perfectly.
A few details about my setup: I was not able to get the automatic remote setup working with my router configuration. I had to look at R-Play’s help docs for opening the right router ports to get everything working, but if you’re reasonably capable at futzing with router settings, you shouldn’t have any issues. My PS4 is connected to my router with an ethernet cable, and my home internet speeds are 60Mbps down and 6Mbps up.
This is a great app that works very very well! There is only a little minor lag if you leave the app running for multiple hours. The app even allows you to customize the on screen controls to whatever size you need them and where you want them! The graphics are even the same high quality on your iOS device as on you PS4! Also another GREAT thing is that you can use your DualShock 4 controller with this app as well as long as you have a second PSN account and follow the apps instructions! My only complaints are, first that the on screen controls are not that good, and second that the mifi controllers are pretty expensive and those are the only ones compatible with this app, and finally to be able to play you PS4 as a Nintendo switch away from home, you need to change some of your router settings and PS4 network settings, which for me a 13 year old is kind of crazy because it takes a lot of knowledge that most 13 year olds don’t have!
PS Vita Replacement, no. Capable remote play??
Alright, so back in June my original PS Vita decided that it wasn't meant for this world. The screen broke and so ended my remote play sessions. So looking for alternatives to replacing my PS Vita I did a search for apps capable of making my phone respond like a Vita in remote play. All I see are four and five star reviews, and here I'm thinking I hit the jackpot. Reading up on all the ways this app integrates into your phone and connects to your Playstation 4, this is sure to be a rock solid investment for $12 plus tax.
Wrong, wrong, I couldn't be more wrong. This app is clumsy at best, and certainly isn't responsive to commands. Only half of the available game library even appears on my phone screen. Then the on screen touch buttons don't work simultaneously. You can't for example input the command for a quarter circle motion forward. The touch command doesn't recognize simultaneous response. I was very disappointed. I tried this multiple times and tried various games to no success.
I award this app the appropriate 1 out of 5 stars, and it receives only one star in this review, because it doesn't manage to boot up and sync with your Playstation console, but that's about all it does. Biggest waste of $12, just put it towards a replacement Vita pre-owned at GameStop, just like I did tonight. ✌🏻
- Lei Jiang
- 16.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Lei Jiang
- In-App Purchases
- App Subscription (1 year) $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.