Translate a PRINTED text from a picture simply by shooting at it!
***No photo of screens (TV, computer, etc...) and no handwriting***
Read for Me! recognises up to 38 languages and translate them between 42 languages.
Why "Read for Me!"?
You may already have encountered a situation where you want to read signs, menus, notices, etc. written in a foreign language you don't know. Read for Me! will help you get a translation of that printed text simply by taking a close-up picture of it.
- Photo translation from up to 38 languages
- Translation into 42 languages
- Text selection for accurate translation
- Manual correction of the recognised text if needed
- Text-to-speech: listen to the original text and its translation or let Read for Me! speak for you! (28 languages available)
- History of all your translations
- Photo saved in the history if no network connection for later use
- Show the translation in full screen mode
- Share the translation
Languages available for input: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Languages available for output: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Farsi, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Urdu.
Languages available for text-to-speech: Arabic, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
For better results please follow these tips:
- Hold your device vertically when taking a picture
- Focus on the text when taking a picture
- Avoid light reflections
- Try to select only the text you want to translate using the cropping tool
- Get the maximum light for while taking the picture
- Do not zoom, move closer
- Pictures of screens (TV, computer, etc.) will give poor results because of the refresh rate
- iOS 7.0 and higher
- Translate only printed text, handwriting doesn’t work
- OCR and translation requires an Internet connection
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Read for Me! v.2.0 is finally here!
- Complete redesigned of the app for an overall better user experience
- New languages supported
- You can now use your previous translation from the history: edit the original text, modify the text selection or get its translation into another language
- Better text-to-speech engine
- iOS 8 and 64-bits support
- iPhone 5/5s screen optimised
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does not translate at all
Really disappointed. I was hoping to get a basic translator and it didn’t work at all; not for Chinese, Arabic or French. They need to fix it or take it down.
Needs a lot of work
Was not able to translate even simple English into French. Needs a lot of work. I wasted three dollars on this.
Didn't recognize more than half of the words.
The developer, Kevin TING WING YUEN, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kevin TING WING YUEN
- 9.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Kevin Ting Wing Yuen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.