ReadKit 2.6.2 is a minor update:
- Switched to full content parser (Mercury Parser) provided by Feedbin
- Increased Buffer sharing character limit to 280
Ratings and Reviews
$5 one time? A steal.
I usually use the Feedly browser app on Windows, and it’s always like a breath of fresh air to be back on a Mac, using ReadKit.
Responsive and quick with great Instapaper access, I haven’t run into the errors others have reported in the reviews here. For a one-time purchase of $5, it’s silly not to try ReadKit if you spend any time reading your news with RSS.
Save Your Money! It’s not a good app
This app is all smoke and mirrors: the interface looks good but it's really clunky.
1) *The biggest problem here*: there is no “HELP” support whatsoever. After clicking on “help” from the toolbar, the app simply said: “There isn’t help available for ReadKit.” Well, that’s nice!
2) *second major problem*: you cannot easily import your OPM feeds from another service. I had been on the old NetNewsWire for a long time and was looking for a better alternative. However, ReadKit will not give me the option of importing my existing feeds from my previous service. The “import OPM” button is always dimmed and non-functional.
3) *Third problem*: even initiating any interaction with the app after installation is not intuitive. The first screen following the download says: “add your account.” What account? From what service? This app seems like it was designed by someone who has no social skills and thus cannot think from the end user's perspective. There is a terrible lack of foresight and plenty that screams "bad design"!
So, what’s the point of this app, again? What are reviewers so excited about when they’re describing this app? I have no idea.
You will pay $10 for a piece of clunky garbage. Save your money and find something free that actually works!
I don’t support mediocrity.
Good but no customer support
I bought ReadKit in 2013 and it worked fine for years. However, a few months ago, it started crashing every time I used it. I have no idea what was causing the crashes. I sent crash reports and emails to the developer, but I never heard back. Now Readkit seems to be stable again. I have no idea what changed, but I’m glad it’s working again.
When the app was crashing, I changed my rating to two stars. I’ve upped it back to four now that the app is working for me again. But, I didn’t give it a five-star rating because I’m disappointed that I never heard back from the developer when I was having problems.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.