OPTIMIZATION UPDATE! Dive through lasers and mines without a hitch, play EVEN more missions and Bosses in Free Flight mode, enjoy new cinematics and... the final polish!
THE NEXT GENERATION OF ARCADE SPACE SHOOTERS IS HERE
Redout: Space Assault puts you in control of a Super Orbital Recon Fighter during the 2395 Colonization of Mars: dive in the fastest, most epic and exciting arcade space battle you can experience on an Apple device. Outsmart, outmaneuver, overpower, outclass your opponents in lightning-fast, adrenaline-inducing single-player space combat.
You play as Leon Barret, ace fighter pilot of the Poseidon Security Forces. Here at Poseidon Corp., we are trying to pave the way for the colonization of Mars, as mankind is struggling for survival, split between a depleted hot Earth and a cold, claustrophobic Lunar colony. Your job is to maintain order by eradicating rebels and space pirates, facilitate our scientists' research while keeping them safe, and protect all our personnel from the numerous external threats.
Dive down into gigantic asteroid mining plants, shoot down Rebel drones and fighters, roll left and right avoiding enemy fire, unleash impossibly powerful missile volleys, but also race against stray pilots and space scavengers at breakneck speed for the sheer thrill of it.
By completing missions you will unlock Cards and Tokens to upgrade your fighter's Hull, Shields, Energy Weapons and Missiles until you are able to go up against massive Capital Ships and single-handedly shift the tide of the war.
In an interplanetary struggle where nobody is good or bad, you will experience Leon rising through the ranks, the meaning of “necessary evil”, the cost of integrity and ultimately, what it means to take a stand.
Career mode - learn every skill you need to survive and triumph in the Redout Universe.
Many Thriving Worlds - exotic locations, grandiose events and epic battles beyond every frontier.
Deep Gameplay - manifest your tactical superiority by putting your dexterity, quick thinking and adaptability to the test.
Bigger, Badder Weapons - From Plasma Cannons to Shock Rays, Railguns, Scattershot, Air-To-Air Missiles, and Loadup Gatlings, a vast array of weapons is at your disposal. Choose, upgrade, and even install multiple instances on your ship.
Pimp my Ride - upgrade your spaceship to scale it up: let them come by the dozens, or single-handedly take on a Destroyer Warship! Drop and swap Cards to improve single aspects of your ship and better fit your style.
Music for your ears - An entirely dynamic soundtrack that will drop sicker and sicker beats the tougher the experience gets!
LOTS TO DO IN SPACE
Fight enemy Drones, Fighters and all sorts of enemy ships in rail shooter sections: avoid missiles and buckets of bullets while you take them down one by one.
Explore Iridium mines and abandoned space structures in search of hideouts, resources, and Rebels: enjoy the freedom of movement, cut your engine power to squeeze through narrow passages, but be careful not to scratch your paintwork.
Race through enemy installations, behind enemy lines, through gigantic space battles, or against space pirates for a quick buck.
Assault Capital Ships in specially designed missions that pit you against gigantic vessels: each with unique strengths, weaknesses and special attacks, each a turning point in the narrative of the game!
FAST-PACED SPACE ACTION
Redout: Space Assault comes with the Redout Adrenaline seal-of-quality. Every ship movement, from rolling to avoid missiles to pushing the limits of your ship via the enhanced boost, will make you feel like you are actually driving a space-capable fighter jet, on the brink of control. You will not need to instantly become a Top Gun in order to enjoy the game, but you will definitely need some skill if you want to achieve all bonus objectives and max out your fighter stats!
- Multi-slot save system. Adrenaline for the whole family with a single iCloud account!
- Get an optional notification when you haven't played for a while.
- In-game GameCenter access
- Reviewed all boss fights for the last chapter. It's them who should get stuck under your fire, but beware they are way deadlier now.
- Reviewed all victory and end cinematics.
- Reviewed lighting in all missions.
- More spectacular explosion effects!
- Greatly improved overall game performance, especially for the last chapter. Win smoother or fail smoother.
- Improved transitions between targets during boss fights.
- Some boss fights have been changed to be played in FreeFlight mode instead of Navigation, enjoy them your way!
- Player is now invulnerable during blocking dialogues.
- Player ship is now more reactive during FreeFlight.
- Pickups are now always within player's movement reach.
- Improved shield animation.
- Added indicators to improve understandability of some missions.
- Cinematics can now be paused.
- Made some menu sounds less annoying.
- Improved the tutorial screen for the weapon selector.
- Improved explanation of card system.
- Improved adaptive music transitions between mission phases and mission end.
- Improved menu button navigation with controllers.
- The game could crash out of sadness when shooting at Makeba.
- Some enemy fighters were getting stuck at odd places or didn't fly smoothly.
- Some respawns could bring the player out of the mission area.
- Some dialogues and cinematics left the game in slow motion state.
- The game could drop a few frames at secondary objective completion.
- Some ally and enemy ships didn't collide correctly with the player.
- Some missions could occasionally not end.
- The objective completion counter sometimes showed wrong information.
- Skipping some cinematics could cause the camera to lose sight of the player.
- Some planets and the gigacannon could look extremely dark in certain missions.
- The Trilobyte could snap its jaws.
- Missile loadup occasionally didn't show the correct progress.
- Some ships were flung away or spinned when destroying their engines.
and other 200+ small fixes
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 34BigThings srl
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Game Controller
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019-2020 34BigThings srl, All rights reserved.
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.