iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home. Simply download the app to your iPhone or iPad, and connect directly to iTunes on your Mac or PC. With iTunes Remote you can:
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artist, albums, and songs
• Browse movies, TV shows, and Podcasts
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with Airplay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
• iTunes 12.7.5 or later is recommended for use with iTunes Remote.
This update fixes an issue where iTunes Remote may unexpectedly quit when using the in-app keyboard with Apple TV.
- Resolves an issue that prevented AirPlay streaming with videos
- Restores the repeat control for video playlists
- Includes additional network connectivity improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Support Apple Music!
If Apple wants Apple Music to grow faster, support it in this app! It is unbelievable at this point that you can’t select an Apple Music station or search Apple Music for a song you want to play. I use this app with a bunch of Airplay devices around the house and having to go back to the computer whenever I want to change the music is a pain. Building a playlist from Apple Music content is the only way to access from the app and that is one extra, inflexible step. Come on Apple, you can do better than this!
Controls iTunes music to HomePod.
Apple, thank you! Works a treat with HomePod for those of us who do not subscribe to Apple Music and wish to stream music from massive iTunes library that lives on my Mac. Indispensable to me.
I soo love this app. It’s sometimes criticized when OS updates temporarily break connectivity. If it weren’t for that, it’d be a 5-star app for sure. (And I’m guessing the team that works on Remote is rarely the cause of the connectivity probs in question. SOOO many variables. Amazing that it’s generally reliable.)
Apple Music Support Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that you plan on shutting down iTunes with the future ISO 13 software update due in the fall of 2019 this app will be completely useless unless you support Apple Music witch after ISO 13 will be the only way to play your iTunes library of corse people can still buy music on the iTunes Store app and then iCloud will automatically send those music files to Apple Music app witch for all purchased music in iTunes Store app will be able to play on Apple Music app without a Apple Music app membership subscription, The only thing is that you will still need a membership subscription to play anything that you didn’t purchase in iTunes Store app that’s on Apple Music app!
- Apple Inc.
- 15.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.