Carjack the open world like it's 1989!
Retro City Rampage reimagines the open world crime genre in the ‘80s! Rampage the city, steal cars, or play over 60 story mode missions!
This remastered pop culture send-up features a full Story Mode of open world missions, along with Arcade Challenges for quick pick-up-and-play action. Explore the city by foot or by car, and discover minigames, customizations, collectibles, special guest stars, and more.
• Universal App
• Supports MFi Controllers
• English, Français, Italiano, Deutsch, Español
• 8-BIT Open-World
• Over 60 Story Missions
• Over 40 Arcade Challenges
• Over 25 Weapons & Power-Ups
• Over 50 Vehicles to Steal & Equip
• Over 200 Character Customizations
• Over 2.5 Hours of Chiptune Music
EXTRAS & MINIGAMES
• Includes "ROM City Rampage" Prototype Version (100% 8-BIT hardware accurate, could've actually been released in '89!)
• Includes official crossovers and minigames with Minecraft, Super Meat Boy, BIT.TRIP and Epic Meal Time.
Misc. Minor Tweaks
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Jump in the DeLorean time machine and head back to the ’80s, an era when chiptunes and 8-bit graphics ruled the gaming world. This sly parody mashes up everything from the open-world action of Grand Theft Auto to the sneaky stealth of Metal Gear—the classic original versions, of course. It’s also stuffed with giggle-worthy references to some of our favorite old-school games and movies. From vehicular mayhem to gun battles to hanging out with a certain gang of adolescent ninja reptiles, it’s our retro-flavored dream come true.
In my last review I said it needed a smaller display, but I found that in the options menu. Making this app my #1 app. I've been waiting for a game like this like my whole life. Now all it needs is multiplayer. And what do you guys mean by "new swimming controls?"
I've been a long time owner of RCR on PC and I wanted to support the create here on iOS as well, but the controls for this iOS port is terrible.
Having a virtual joystick was a bad move on the developers part. I just hope they patch it with an option to have fixed controls, like a d-pad.
The vehicle controls are fine, as you can switch it to manual ( which gives you fixed buttons to pressed for steering and accelerating), I just wished they had done the same for regular movement. Movement and precision are two very important aspect of these kinds of games, in my opinion, and a virtual joystick hampers it greatly. An option to have it fixed to the screen would've been preferred at the least...
Until the controls are updated I would suggest you hold back on this purchase. If not prepare for some frustrating moments...
- Vblank Entertainment Inc.
- 15.7 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- RETRO CITY RAMPAGE is a trademark of Vblank Entertainment Inc. ©2010-2016 All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.