Ripcorder Screen lets you create movies from your mac’s on-screen activities. Ripcorder Screen will capture whatever is played on your mac’s display into a QuickTime movie. You can use Ripcorder Screen to, for instance, create demo movies of mac’s screen activities.
Ripcorder Screen captures screen video and microphone only. If you need to capture system audio along with video (for instance, to capture videos streamed via your web browser), please use Ripcorder Video.
* Quick access from mac’s status icons.
* Capture full screen or select an area on screen to capture.
* Multi-display support.
* Selectable movie quality from VGA to HD.
* Option to highlight mouse clicking.
* Direct playback from the app.
* Export the capture movie to playback or edit by other apps.
* Add written notes to captured movies.
* Unobtrusive and light-weight, designed to do background recording.
* Added native resolution option.
* Added the ability to select an onscreen window.
* Added "Deleted All" and "Show Folder" buttons with the Recorded Movies screen.
Ratings and Reviews
it works fine untll you need it
press the record and it shows the pause button but not the stop and does nothing
Great app! Does what it says. I have dual monitors. I am able to caputure my screen activity from either monitor. Someone else reported that it does not work with dual screens but it definitely does. Also it does capture audio perfectly. Audio comes only from the mic. This app is good for people who are trying to create demonstrations. i.e., software tutorials, educational material, etc.
One word. TRASH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.