Rivercast - Levels & Forecasts 4+
USA River Levels and Forecasts
Juggernaut Technology, Inc.
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Concerned about flooding? Or just want to go fishing or boating? Get recent, current, and forecast river levels & Flood Warnings with Rivercast™ when you need them.
Rivercast™ puts the river level data you need at your fingertips with its intuitive and interactive maps and graphs.
With Rivercast™ you get:
• Official Flood Warnings & other alerts from the National Weather Service
• River stage height in Feet
• River flow rate in CFS (when available)
• Indications that a river is at or approaching flood stage
• Current observations and recent history
• NOAA river forecasts (when available)
• Map interface that shows where river gauges are located geographically.
• Search interface to find river gauges by waterway name, state, or NOAA 5 digit station ID.
• Interactive graphs that you can zoom in, zoom out, or pan.
• Customize your graphs by adding river levels that are relevant to you.
• Favorites list for locations you care about the most.
• Share your graphs via iMessage, Email, Facebook, or Twitter.
• Widget to monitor your favorite locations at any time.
Rivercast's map not only shows you where the stations are, but color codes them when it can to give you an indication whether the location is at normal levels, approaching flood levels, or above flood stage.
You can get the latest observations from the map, search, or favorites. With an additional tap of your finger you can get a detailed interactive hydrograph. You can zoom in, zoom out, or pan with your fingers to find the exact information you need. If you "tap and hold" on the graph you can view the crosshair "bubble" text to assist you further.
To customize your graphs for what's important to you, you can add your own level lines to mark things like sandbars, rocks, bridges, safe conditions, or whatever you would like.
And you can add the streams or rivers that you would like to regularly monitor to your Favorites list for easy "at a glance" viewing.
Rivercast™ uses the latest observation and forecast data available, and requires an Internet connection for use. We recommend 3G or better for optimal performance.
Favorites, Map "Instant Observations", and Hydrograph data is viewable in feet or cfs (when available).
All observation and forecast data is in your local time (per your device) for your convenience.
A handy tool for boaters, fishermen, property owners, paddlers, scientists, and the curious.
River gauges reported are USA only.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Some Frequent Asked Questions:
Where does Rivercast™ get its data?
• This app uses NOAA and AHPS (Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service) for its raw data for our custom graphing and mapping solutions. There are some locations that are available via other government agencies (including USGS) that are not available via this app.
Why does Rivercast™ sometimes show slightly different flow data (CFS) than USGS?
• CFS is a calculated estimate derived from stage height. NOAA and USGS estimates may sometimes slightly vary due to using different data models. Variances are usually within a few percent, but can sometimes be larger. Stage height should always be identical between USGS and NOAA. Designated flood stages are based on stage height in feet in the USA.
Why does Rivercast™ show only observations, but not forecasts, for my river?
• NOAA issues forecasts for many, but not all, rivers it monitors. Sometimes forecasts are only issued seasonally, or during times of flooding or high water.
My river gauge was there yesterday, but its gone today! What gives?
• River gauges have a hard life. They occasionally have technical problems transmitting their data, or can even get washed out during extreme flooding. NOAA is usually pretty good about fixing them in a few days.
Can you add location xyz to your app?
• We wish we could! If NOAA is not reporting it, we unfortunately are not able to add it. We include all stations that NOAA provides for public use.
We take our accuracy seriously!
If you have any questions, please email us!
- Performance, stability, and usability enhancements!
If you need assistance, please review the instructions in Settings->HowToUse or contact us at support@RivercastApp.com
Ratings and Reviews
I’m very grateful to have this data at my disposal. I live near areas that can flood and i also have another property that could be at risk in major coastal storms. I like the way the data is presented (especially compared to trying to interpret the raw data if you go to USGS directly, and on a phone screen no less). USGS output is more technical in nature and designed to be read on a large monitor. If I had a wish list it might be nice to get notifications when approaching a flood condition - although only a small minority of flood gauges actually are forecasted by USGS, or even have calibrations for various flood stage levels. I also used to check this info for a buddy’s vacation home, but now he has the app. I’d like to add (a few years later - it’s May 2022) that many new features and options in settings have been added, plus it seems like there’s far more reporting stations then there used to be. So, as I said a few years ago, this app is a worthwhile investment, especially if you have property, boats, or loved ones to protect
Marine Construction Great APP
My company operates 15 tow/push boats, 3 barge staging fleets, and 7 marine crane barges for construction. Most of our construction projects on the river is driven by the stage of the river, so we have no choice but to monitor the river levels and forecast daily. This is a must have app if you’re in my line of work. Some of our projects can only be started or completed if the Mississippi River is at an 3 foot rage at the N.O. Gauge. We need to know what the river stage is doing daily in order to schedule some of our construction projects. This app is a great tool for work, fishing, hunting, and monitoring the water levels around our fishing camp. Gives me an idea of what’s going on around my fishing camp even when I’m not out there.
No Wasted Time
We have property 2 hours away to hunt and fish. I used this app because it was accurate. The water has to be low for fishing success. If it rains heavily and water is running and it’s high- waste of time and gas. This app saved me time and money. It is accurate on the water levels. I need the water 2.0 and lower for great fishing, this app the best so far on accuracy. It has a place for on the levels page to mark the height of water. Before this app I would take my chances, now, I’ll get the rods ready and head up to the steam because of this apps “point on “water levels. What a great app for me. It has worked very well. Excellent.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Juggernaut Technology, Inc.
- 18.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2023 Juggernaut Technology, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Rivercast Premium $8.99
- Rivercast Premium Plus $6.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.