Home in on the goal with Heatseeker: Season 6’s newest Game Mode! Battle for the ball and prove your dominance on the field in thrilling online matches.
Car games and soccer collide in Rocket League Sideswipe! Car soccer has been reimagined for mobile devices by the makers of the hit game Rocket League. Play online multiplayer games with friends or players around the world while you score goals in fast-paced 2-minute car soccer matches.
Drive the soccer ball into your opponent’s net to score goals and win matches. Our fast race cars let you fly into the air and pull off trick shots, even a flip reset! Race to the top of the car soccer leaderboards, dominate the pitch, and take part in worldwide Ranked Matches. Looking to relax and have fun? Try car soccer in Casual Mode and perform your craziest maneuvers without affecting your rank.
Multiplayer car games get leveled up by combining action-packed soccer and boosted race cars. Play online multiplayer games for free and master the game’s intuitive touch controls, perfectly designed for mobile car battle gameplay. Unlock exciting new car items and customize cars to fit your style. Feel the heat of Season 6’s all-new Game Mode, Heatseeker!
Experience online sports games from anywhere with Rocket League Sideswipe. Play together with friends and become a car soccer hero. Good luck, have fun!
Rocket League Sideswipe Features:
Fast-Paced Car Soccer
- Online multiplayer games: Face off in 1v1 or 2v2 car soccer matches
- Drive fast and compete in thrilling 2-minute multiplayer games for free
- Play online from anywhere, no prior soccer or driving skills needed
- Hit the soccer field at any level, it doesn’t matter if you’re a Rocket League veteran
Redesigned for Mobile Sports Games
- Sports car action: With only three buttons needed for control, Rocket League Sideswipe offers easy-to-learn gameplay with room for freestyle stunts
- Car battle: Chase down the ball with aerial boost and go on the offensive
- Play together in a two-player game and communicate with Quick Chat Stickers
- Enjoy matches with random in-game changes in the casual Game Mode Mutator Madness
Online and Offline Matches
- Sports game novice? Start off with our car soccer tutorial to get you the controls you need
- Play car soccer online in competitive team games with players around the world
- Online games in Casual Mode let you have more fun without affecting your ranks
- Play multiplayer car games offline and hone your skills against bots
- Battle against friends and show off your best tricks in Private Matches
Rocket Pass and Seasons
- Online multiplayer games let you earn seasonal Rocket Pass items
- Play Heatseeker, a new Game Mode where the ball homes in on your opponent's goal
- Drive to victory and climb the Competitive Ranks with each new Season
- Ball game with unique rewards: earn Player Titles and more based on your Rank
- Enter the soccer field in style and make a statement with epic customized cars!
- Customize cars with items that you unlock as you play car soccer online
- Choose from thousands of customization combinations and build custom sports cars
- Play soccer with a twist and unlock custom cars, wheels, decals & more!
Download Rocket League Sideswipe and meet your fated rivals on the pitch of this next-level sports game.
Follow for all the latest news and updates:
Season 6 Rocket Pass Content
- Season 6 includes some of our Sideswipe Team’s favorite content, be sure to check it out.
Season 5 Rewards
- Players will unlock Player Banners and Titles based on the highest Competitive Rank they reached in Season 5. What was your highest rank?
Car Collision Mutator
- We’re happy to announce you can keep the smashing good times going - Car Collision Mutator is here to stay! Use this to your advantage and bump your opponents (and teammates) around in Heatseeker, Mutator Madness, and Private Matches.
- Bring the heat in Sideswipe’s fast-paced competitive playlist featuring mayhem and Car Collisions, Ka-Chow!
- A player reporting and blocking feature has been added. Go to your recent players and block or report any bad actors you’ve run into.
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Party and Friends List
- UI Polish
Miscellaneous art polish on some in-game Items
Fixed a visual glitch with wheels clipping through car bodies
UI - including some localized text positioning
Masamune and Chikara G1 car bodies no longer “float” in the Garage
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, but would like to see some updates
Great game, but there are a few things I would like to see in the future. The first being the ability to customize an orange and a blue team car. It’s hard to make a load out I like because the skin, wheels, boost, and goal explosion can only match for one team. Secondly, I’ve noticed you can’t scrap multiples of original cars. You can scrap the color variations, but I literally have 2 plain octanes, 2 plain aftershocks, and 2 plain takumis that are just taking up space. Also I would love to be able to change the order of my customized cars. I have over 10 cars, and I have to scroll all the way to the end to get to my most recent cars, and again, I can’t scrap the multiple plain cars I don’t want. Lastly, I dislike that instead of being able to play the extra modes when I want they’re seasonal. You can’t give us a taste and then take it away completely, with no announcements of bringing it back. Cuz let’s be honest. 3v3s can never replace hoops or volleyball. They should all be available year round. Bonus: I was able to figure out how to make the color of the car black. Shortly after that it was taken away as well, and all my black cars were then red. Really wish I could use white and black in my car as I please. I can understand why black/white aren’t available for a primary color, but I’m not sure why those colors are not available for a secondary at least. But overall a great game and I will definitely continue playing👍🏾
Wow! (also ideas)
I started playing the game the first few days it came out. And man what a refreshment it is, I started to play this more than actual RL itself. But I have a couple of ideas that I think would be great for the game. 1) Training Packs, it would be cool if you added a section in “play” area an you could do custom-made or game made training packs. As a warmup. 2) Actual Tournaments, it would be cool to do tournaments, win titles or items if you win one. Based off your ranking. 3) Mutators, this would be a big step but adding small mutators to private matches like rumble, but you would need a lot of a bigger map for some mutators. 4) Events (like gridiron) adding an event every 2 weeks maybe for a special mode like in real RL 5) Training Add-on, add a button to place the ball on top of you while you may be in mid-air, this would be a big help to practice gold and other shots. 6) This would just be more of a event, where you could demolish and crash into cars on a big map, like the 2v2 map or larger and be able to crash into people, but as a event. 7) Crates, it would be cool to be able to purchase with game coins an import or rare box (with game coins) 8) AR system, this isn’t really a good idea but maybe adding it where you can play the game in AR, most people would need a stand though. 9) a quick menu, it would be cool nice to get to the menu quickly after a match without the timer. This is all my ideas. I might have more in the future, Great game!
Great game but touch player issues
Sideswipe is a great 2D implementation of Rocket League, but there are some big flaws with the current implementation of touch control!
1: It is practically impossible to do flip reset chains with only thumbs because your right thumb must can only be in so many places at once. I’m required to use three fingers to play, which is very uncomfortable. A good solution may be allowing you to decide which side of the screen acts as a half flip button. That way, the right thumb isn’t stuck with so many controls.
2: The iPhone screen edges interfere with gameplay. It’s really easy to swipe down the notification panel given that I have to use my index finger in addition to my thumbs to play. There’s also the issue of the accidental swiping out of the game from the bottom, which I hope could be fixed with some kind of lock mechanism.
Side note: The lag can be really bad sometimes and cause the car and/or ball to appear like it’s teleporting around the field. There should be a flag where if there is significant packet loss, the game is paused briefly with a countdown to resume or a goal is not counted. I typically play on incredibly strong wifi with ~13ms ping and over 1gb/s speeds, so to be having severe connection issues frequently in the first place is pretty shocking. Please improve servers!
Developer Response ,
Hello there! Thank you for the feedback. We would like to offer this troubleshooting: https://bit.ly/3CCCoYI for the lag mentioned. Kindly note that this has helped many other players in a similar situation with good internet, so please give it a try. Also, lower the Graphics Settings. You can do that on Settings-Game Settings-Graphics, and then change the Quality Presets to Low. If the lag persists, send us a ticket: https://bit.ly/RLSupport. We would also like you to add to the ticket more information about the screen edges interfering with the gameplay so we can investigate this. Have a nice day!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Psyonix LLC
- 1.3 GB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Psyonix