The cat takes up residence in your Mac's menu bar, and he just keeps running!
The cat will run at a speed that depends on the CPU usage on your Mac.
You can see how much the current CPU usage is by looking at the running of the cat.
How about looking at a cat while waiting for a video to be exported or a program to be built?
• You can purchase various Runners at the Runners Store.
[Special color runners] 3 types
Golden Cat, Metal Cluster Cat, Flash Cat
[Animal type runners] 25 types
Cheetah, Dog, Puppy, Rabbit, Frog,
Bird, Penguin, Dolphin, Dragon, Owl,
Dinosaur, Jack Russell Terrier, Hedgehog,
Horse, Penguin 2, Hamster Wheel, Octopus,
Chameleon, Chicken, Mouse, Pig, Fox,
Whale, Otter, Squirrel
[Inanimate type runners] 15 types
Cogwheel, Bonfire, Drop, Rocket, Pendulum,
Newton's Cradle, Sine wave, pulse, Hot Coffee,
Steam Locomotive, Tapioca Drink, Frypan,
Factory, Engine, Earth
[Seasonal runners] 7 types
Reindeer & Sleigh, Snowman (Christmas)
Wind Chime, Sparkler (Summer in Japan)
Jack-o'-Lantern, Ghost (Halloween)
Mochi (Japanese New Year)
• It is also possible to always display the system information on the menu bar.
• You can check CPU usage, Memory performance, Battery state, Disk capacity, and Network connection.
• You can register self-made runners (In-App Purchase).
• Developer may end support for older macOS without notice.
- Added an option to exclude the color version of the runner when setting the runner to be automatically selected randomly per 10 minutes.
- About the disk capacity, changed to display as "used capacity / maximum capacity" in System Info.
- Adjusted the display color of Mock Nyan Cat.
- Although the developer is dissatisfied, it is now possible to stop the runner of the menu bar.
Ratings and Reviews
Back to being a great app
Previous version was sweet — lots of animations to pick from and they looked great in the menu bar. Version 3.0 comes with only 3 animations and on my iMac running High Sierra with 2 monitors it’s just a white box on a black menu bar. Worthless. Hopefully the developer will address the issue. If you have a previous version, I suggest you don’t update.
UPDATE: I wrote the above review on 1/24 and the developer quicky fixed the issue. And a running human was added. Loving this app again.
I love this app, BUT battery notification is needed
Imagine sending out super cute cat-related battery state notifications.
All the other apps of this kind have low/high battery notification, so I hope the developer can find the time and energy to do this. I would definitely consider paying once the functionality side of the app becomes on par with its competitiors.
I already have istat but ould love to keeo this app just for the cats alone...LOVE!
Love it, but lost my purchases
This is one of my favorite apps, very cute, but I lost access to the special runners I paid for with one of the updates. My favorite runner was the octopus and now I'd have to pay a second time in order to get access to it. :( Doesn't seem to be any real way to contact the developer either.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for using my app.
Did you push the restore button bottom of the Runners Store page?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Takuto Nakamura
- 8.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2021 Takuto Nakamura
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Runners $7.99
- Self-Made Runner $0.99
- Flash Cat $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.