~ Featured by Apple and 9to5Mac ~
~ "Apps We Love Right Now" and "A+ Apps for Students" and "23 Apps for 2023" from Apple ~
~ Over 270K downloads ~
School Assistant by Sun Apps is a simple but powerful school planner app. It allows you to quickly and easily keep track of homework, tests, and your schedule, scan documents, see and save Google Classroom assignments, quickly access saved websites, and more.
First, as a student myself, I fully believe it is wrong to charge students money for trying to succeed in school. So, School Assistant is completely free, and will forever be free. No premium subscriptions, no paywalls, and no ads. Ever. If you like the app, it would be amazing if you considered donating through the Tip Jar in Settings (this is why the App Store shows that there are In-App Purchases).
Designed for Mac:
School Assistant uses the Mac toolbar, sidebar, Menu Bar, and more for the best Mac experience
- Manage your upcoming assignments and tests
- Sort by due date, class, category, alphabetically, or manually
- Add a related class, due date, submission location and link, and notes
- Schedule reminders
- Highlight upcoming and overdue schoolwork
- View how many assignments/tests you have right from your Home Screen with Widgets
- Keep track of your classes for every day
- Add associated teacher and room information (or, add a link for online classes)
- Automatically switch days based on the day of the week
- Automatically switch between two weeks (great for A/B week schedules)
- Manually switch between up to ten weeks
- See your current class and next class on the Dashboard and with Home Screen Widgets
- Access to your classes’ assignments is built-in
- View assignment information
- Quickly add to Schoolwork with one tap
- One-tap access to view in the Classroom app
- Set a custom theme color
- Full and automatic data syncing over iCloud
- Tight macOS integration with support for features like tooltips, system sidebars, the Mac toolbar, Widgets, the Mac Accent Color, and multi-window support
- Support for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Apple Watch
- Designed with quick and easy usability in mind
*Legal disclaimers for Quizlet and Google Classroom
©2018 Google LLC, used with permission. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- Classes is now more in-line with Schoolwork and Schedule:
- Adding and editing a Class now has its own separated view
- You can now right-click to edit or delete a Class
- This means Mac users can now delete a Class without a trackpad!
- Fixed a bug where deleting your last Schoolwork would cause a crash
- Fixed an issue where the Dashboard and Apple Watch app may show “60 minutes” instead of “1 hour” in Current / Next Class
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, Extremely useful
I love this app and think its great to use and its very simple and easy to get the hang of. i love all the customizations you can do and its organized very nicely so i dont get confused. Though i love this app and what its been able to help me with, i do have a few complaints that i think would help make the app even better. One issue i found is that when i set a reminder for a certain class, i cant see that reminder until it reminds me. Theres no tab where i can see all the reminders ive set and therfore i often find myself making 3 reminders for the same class on the same date without realizing ive already created a remnder for it. I also wish there was a way to see completed assignments like others have mentioned. Lastly, i wish we could actally see the assignments needed to be competed in the widget for "assignemnts and tests" that way i wouldnt have to click and go into the pap to see what i have to complete. Other than that, This app has been such a lifesaver for me. Excited for more updates and happy to have found it.
Excellent App, But Missing Some Features From Competitiors
I was using myHomework and decided to try School Assistant. My experience with School Assistant for the past few weeks has been great and I haven’t had any problems. I love the look and feel of the app and the lack of ads. But I’m missing some features coming from using myHomework. I wish you didn’t have to input your classes in the Schedule tab separately from the classes in the Schoolwork tab. I miss being able to see when assignments are due by looking at a calendar. I could tap May 20th and see what assignments are due that day. I also think there needs to be a “Completed Assignments” section. While I don’t think it should keep completed assignments forever, there should be some amount of backlog. I also think we should be able to sort assignments by due date/time and by class. I usually have to manually order them to the closest date or time. I think other assignment categories would be helpful. Perhaps for projects and papers. I’d also like to see a widget that combines the Schoolwork Amount and Next Class Widget. I also think other combinations are would be great. Lastly, I’d like to see other integrations besides Google Classroom, like Canvas for instance. Despite all of this, I’m going to continue to use this app over its competitors. Keep up the good work.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! I’m happy to hear that you’ve decided to continue using School Assistant. I hear your concerns and you aren’t alone for some of them. So, I think you’ll be happy to know that many of these will be coming with Version 3 this fall!
Thank you for using School Assistant. If you have any more questions or comments, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best hw schedule app I’ve ever used. And believe me I’ve tried plenty. In others there are annoying ads or subscriptions. But let’s be real for a second. No one can afford to pay a subscription or fee just because the want to be organized paying for those things is a nightmare. But I was literally scrolling through everything and then I was like what the heck might as well try this one. Because the other hw app I was using kept glitching and wouldn’t let me even use it. (It. Was b4 grad) one of the worst apps I’ve ever used don’t get it. But when I tried this app it the worked I literally laughed and then I FaceTimeed my friend and told her all about it. Anyways I’m ranting but love this app so amazing try it and u won’t be disappointed.
If I had one thing i would like the creator to add would be able on Mac or as a browser I know it doesn’t work that way but that would be nice so if you could that’s a suggestion and if it is available already sorry for writing this thanks anyway.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much! So glad you like the app. And good news! A Mac version is available on the Mac App Store. Just search “School Assistant” or go to sunapps.org/sa.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sun Apps, LLC
- 31.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Dylan McDonald
- In-App Purchases
- Tip Jar – $4.99 $4.99
- Tip Jar – $0.99 $0.99
- Tip Jar – $1.99 $1.99
- Tip Jar – $2.99 $2.99
- Tip Jar – $3.99 $3.99
- Tip Jar – $0.99 $0.99