~ Featured at top of the Apps tab ~
~ Featured in "Apps We Love Right Now" ~
~ Featured on 9to5Mac ~
~ Featured in "A+ Apps for Students" by Apple ~
~ Over 155K downloads ~
School Assistant by Sun Apps is a simple but powerful school planner app. It allows you to quickly and easily keep track of homework, tests, and your schedule, scan documents, see and save Google Classroom assignments, quickly access saved websites, and more.
First, as a student myself, I fully believe it is wrong to charge students money for trying to succeed in school. So, School Assistant is completely free, and will forever be free. No premium subscriptions, no paywalls, and no ads. Ever. If you like the app, it would be amazing if you considered donating through the Tip Jar in Settings (this is why the App Store shows that there are In-App Purchases).
Designed for Mac:
School Assistant uses the Mac toolbar, sidebar, Menu Bar, and more for the best Mac experience
- Manage your upcoming assignments and tests
- Sort by due date, class, category, alphabetically, or manually
- Add a related class, due date, submission location and link, and notes
- Schedule reminders
- Highlight upcoming and overdue schoolwork
- View how many assignments/tests you have right from your Home Screen with Widgets
- Keep track of your classes for every day
- Add associated teacher and room information (or, add a link for online classes)
- Automatically switch days based on the day of the week
- Automatically switch between two weeks (great for A/B week schedules)
- Manually switch between up to ten weeks
- See your current class and next class on the Dashboard and with Home Screen Widgets
- Access to your classes’ assignments is built-in
- View assignment information
- Quickly add to Schoolwork with one tap
- One-tap access to view in the Classroom app
- Set a custom theme color
- Full and automatic data syncing over iCloud
- Tight macOS integration with support for features like tooltips, system sidebars, the Mac toolbar, Widgets, the Mac Accent Color, and multi-window support
- Support for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Apple Watch
- Designed with quick and easy usability in mind
*Legal disclaimers for Quizlet and Google Classroom
©2018 Google LLC, used with permission. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
Version 3.1 brings a new color theming system! Now, you can choose to have your selected accent color take over the whole app, replacing the standard whites and grays. It’s a great way to further personalize School Assistant to your liking. There’s a few other changes:
- You can choose to disable syncing of your accent color over iCloud. This is useful if you want to match your theme to each of your devices, for instance.
- You can once again choose to force Light or Dark Mode
- You can now use the custom color option on Mac
- Bug fixes
From Version 3.0:
Version 3 is finally here! This is a huge release with tons of new features and enhancements. Here’s the highlights:
- Refreshed design to match iOS 15 and macOS Monterey
- An all-new Mac-oriented design for our Mac users, featuring full toolbar support
- Multi-window support for iPad and Mac
- Automatic sorting for Schoolwork, such as by due date
- New compact style option for Schoolwork
- Haptic Menus with previews (includes right-click for iPad and Mac)
- A new integrated edit view for Schoolwork
- Completely redesigned and refreshed More Details view
- Highlighting of Schoolwork past due or due very soon
- Searching for Schoolwork
- Dynamic Text support for Accessibility users
This release also fixes issues with setting the class times in Schedule.
Ratings and Reviews
Switched from a different app
I loved using a different, but it had a super annoying ad everytime I opened the app. I still remember what the zaxbys guy was announcing. Ugh. I was so tired of the ad that I downloaded this out of spite. Fell head over heels in love. Deleting the other garbage as soon as I finish writing this LOL.
The best part about this app, besides the lack of annoying ads, is that I can use it in split screen mode. In the other app, I could only do full screen, which meant I had to write every assignment from my school app to a notes app, and then have to go into each app individually to write in my assignments. Took almost 2 hours. This one has split screen which means I can open both apps at the same time, which has been a life saver for me. Takes barely 20 minutes now.
Widgets are great, but please add a large sized widget for assignments, so I can see the list of things I have to do on my homescreen. And please please please make more apps. Thank you so much for saving me from that other garbage app. ❤️❤️❤️
Excellent App, But Missing Some Features From Competitiors
I was using myHomework and decided to try School Assistant. My experience with School Assistant for the past few weeks has been great and I haven’t had any problems. I love the look and feel of the app and the lack of ads. But I’m missing some features coming from using myHomework. I wish you didn’t have to input your classes in the Schedule tab separately from the classes in the Schoolwork tab. I miss being able to see when assignments are due by looking at a calendar. I could tap May 20th and see what assignments are due that day. I also think there needs to be a “Completed Assignments” section. While I don’t think it should keep completed assignments forever, there should be some amount of backlog. I also think we should be able to sort assignments by due date/time and by class. I usually have to manually order them to the closest date or time. I think other assignment categories would be helpful. Perhaps for projects and papers. I’d also like to see a widget that combines the Schoolwork Amount and Next Class Widget. I also think other combinations are would be great. Lastly, I’d like to see other integrations besides Google Classroom, like Canvas for instance. Despite all of this, I’m going to continue to use this app over its competitors. Keep up the good work.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! I’m happy to hear that you’ve decided to continue using School Assistant. I hear your concerns and you aren’t alone for some of them. So, I think you’ll be happy to know that many of these will be coming with Version 3 this fall!
Thank you for using School Assistant. If you have any more questions or comments, please email me at email@example.com.
Best hw schedule app I’ve ever used. And believe me I’ve tried plenty. In others there are annoying ads or subscriptions. But let’s be real for a second. No one can afford to pay a subscription or fee just because the want to be organized paying for those things is a nightmare. But I was literally scrolling through everything and then I was like what the heck might as well try this one. Because the other hw app I was using kept glitching and wouldn’t let me even use it. (It. Was b4 grad) one of the worst apps I’ve ever used don’t get it. But when I tried this app it the worked I literally laughed and then I FaceTimeed my friend and told her all about it. Anyways I’m ranting but love this app so amazing try it and u won’t be disappointed.
If I had one thing i would like the creator to add would be able on Mac or as a browser I know it doesn’t work that way but that would be nice so if you could that’s a suggestion and if it is available already sorry for writing this thanks anyway.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much! So glad you like the app. And good news! A Mac version is available on the Mac App Store. Just search “School Assistant” or go to sunapps.org/sa.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sun Apps, LLC
- 43 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Dylan McDonald
- In-App Purchases
- Tip Jar – $4.99 $4.99
- Tip Jar – $0.99 $0.99
- Tip Jar – $1.99 $1.99
- Tip Jar – $2.99 $2.99
- Tip Jar – $3.99 $3.99
- Tip Jar – $0.99 $0.99