Scribe Japanese has been intentionally designed to teach mastery of Japanese vocabulary - you learn all common Japanese words. Using a unique study method, words are remembered with related-sounding words, so that in real-life situations you are able to contextually select the correct word, even if you missed the tone. Study Japanese this way, and your mind's ability to select the correct word in context increases 10 fold. Just think about it: for every similar sound, you will know the 4 or 5 possible popular words it could be.
Scribe Japanese quietly saturates your mind with all the correct linkages to learn Japanese to a better-than-native level. This is the fastest known method to the learn Japanese language, by focusing on learning through Japanese games.
Scribe Japanese also includes numerous games using the same study deck, so no matter what game you feel like playing, your study picks up where you left off. You can study Japanese YOUR way. And your dreams of Japan can come closer.
== Features ==
- 8000 of the most common words, including Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) words.
- Full native audio spoken for every single word. Speak Japanese within weeks, instead of years, with a daily commitment to study Japanese words.
- 6 Japanese games: Japanese flashcards, Japanese multiple choice, Japanese tiles, listening flashcards, listening multiple choice, matchup.
- Spaced-Repetition System that.. is simply incredible. When you get down into the deeper levels with thousands of words to remember, you'll be amazed at how accurately the right word comes along.
- Study Japanese completely offline - no internet bandwidth used. Learn and study Japanese anywhere - on the train, bus, on the way to work, sitting waiting *anywhere* if you're a fan of "all Japanese all the time", in Japanese coffee shops, on bed before dreaming Japanese in your sleep.
- Your choice of romaji or hiragana, along with the native kanji reading (for help with remembering the kanji, you can use our kanji app: Scribe Origins).
- Ruby text places the reading above the kanji character, just like in manga and anime readings. The same formatting increases your ability read manga naturally (and quietly helps you learn Japanese).
- Synchronise your progress across devices, if you want to learn Japanese on your iPhone and iPad. Both apps will be synced to the ScribeJapan app.
- Example usage sentences and common Japanese phrases for the most popular Japanese words.
- Most users who have gone through the entire first level unequivocally say that Scribe Japanese is currently the fastest way to learn Japanese language, both listening and reading skills.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, & identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user & auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms & conditions: https://scribeorigins.com/disclaimer.html
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Learned 90 vocabulary words in 5 days! In those, some used kanji, and I've memorized those two. It's addicting to use this app. It uses list of words such as from the JLPT or the way Japanese schools learn words. I wish that there was a list that supported the Genki I and II textbooks. Would have made it even easier.
Great App for learning vocab
This app has a great set of features - it has voice clips, breaks down vocab into Kanji meanings, and the space repetition works well. I'm currently wrapping up the N3 vocab list ~200 words left.
Adding some of the following features would easily give this 5 stars:
- Fix the "Allow phone rotation" setting. Currently the app rotates regardless of the setting.
- Allow you open the Kanji in the Kanji/Hanzi app by clicking on the Kanji for each vocab word.
- Allow you to add notes to the front side of the notecard. Currently it's hard to distinguish between different meanings of an English word. For example, the English word "company" could be looking for kaisha, kousei, or nakama. Allowing us to add a secondary English meaning or word would help clue me into which word is desired.
It looks like it’s been abandoned, but it’s pretty great
It’s basically a really good Japanese vocab flashcard app. Too bad it hasn’t had an update in two years, though it’s still working just fine for me in 2018.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guiix Pty Ltd
- 151.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © (C) Guiix 2021
- In-App Purchases
- MegaPack $12.99
- Unlock App $1.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.