- Master EVERY single popular Korean word
- Build the ultimate vocabulary, so you'll be able to understand everything in South Korea
- Learn Korean by sound grouping, to optimise your brain's recall skills
- Korean words divided into KLPT exam category, so you can pass every exam
- Native speaker voices, so you'll sound like a local - like a Korean guy or Korean girl
- Example Korean phrases to help understand the native Korean meaning
- Hangul readings and Hangul romanisation, to help reading Korean language
Scribe Korean is only for you if you want to learn Korean to perfection.
If you want to learn a HUGE vocabulary of all Korean Language Proficiency Test (KLPT) exam words.
Complete with native speaker's pronunciation and shortcut methods for remembering similar-sounding words as well as the tones for each word.
Scribe Korean has been intentionally designed to teach mastery of Korean vocabulary - you learn EVERY common Korean word. Using a unique study method, words are remembered with related-sounding words, so that in real-life situations you are able to contextually select the correct word, even if you missed the tone. Study Korean this way, and your mind's ability to select the correct word in context increases 10 fold. Just think about it: for every similar sound, you will know the 4 or 5 possible popular words it could be.
Scribe Korean quietly saturates your mind with all the correct linkages to learn Korean to a better-than-native level. This is the fastest known method to the learn Korean language, by focusing on learning through Korean games.
Scribe Korean also includes numerous games using the same study deck, so no matter what game you feel like playing, your study picks up where you left off. You can study Korean YOUR way.
== Features ==
- 6000 of the most common words, including Korean Language Proficiency Test (KLPT) words.
- Full native audio spoken for every single word. Speak Korean within weeks, instead of years, with a daily commitment to study Korean words.
- 6 Korean games: Korean flashcards, Korean multiple choice, Korean tiles, listening flashcards, listening multiple choice, matchup.
- Spaced-Repetition System that.. is simply incredible. When you get down into the deeper levels with thousands of words to remember, you'll be amazed at how accurately the right word comes along.
- Study Korean completely offline - no internet bandwidth used. Learn and study Korean anywhere - on the train, bus, on the way to work, sitting waiting, in coffee shops, on bed before dreaming Korean in your sleep.
- Ruby text places the reading above the hangul character, just like in manga and anime readings.
- Synchronise your progress across devices, if you want to learn Korean on your iPhone and iPad. Both apps will be synced to the ScribeKorean app.
- Example usage sentences and common Korean phrases for the most popular Korean words.
- Most users who have gone through the entire first level unequivocally say that Scribe Korean is currently the fastest way to learn Korean language, both listening and reading skills.
You dream about Korea. You dream about Korean language, understanding, Korean people. So do I. This app is designed to help you get to everything you want about South Korea. Scribe Korean is the only tool that works for building a *complete* vocabulary of Korean language.
Minor little fixes. Thank you to those of you who sent in feedback! Much much appreciated.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice Features, Free Intro App Annoying
I would like to have gone far enough into the list to experience the app at my level (which I didn't think was very high until this), but I grew way too tired of 99% borrowed words in the intro lesson. While I believe it's good to know borrowed words, there definitely could've (and should've) been at least a slightly more balanced mix of borrowed and native words. 안녕하다 seemed to be literally the only non-borrowed word, and if I wanted to experience the app with more words like that, I was told to pay the $8.99 fee to upgrade.
Maybe it's much better for very beginner Korean learners. The listening was nice and I appreciated the Diary/Learning/Due pages. If the intro were a bit better vocab-wise, I might be willing to pay the extra money. Might.
One of the best apps I've found for Korean
So most apps either have poor interfaces or incorrect/not thorough vocabulary. This app has a simple interface but it gets the task done (you can turn off Anime girl). It also has audio for all of the basic words. Best part is the learning feature which means you never have to worry about what words to go back and study for. It has an algorithm that shows you words you are forgetting. 1 time upgrade fee. Seriously, other language apps, take notes from these guys. They know what they are doing.
Great App for Building Vocabulary
I use this app almost every day. I like the various ways you can learn the words, from flash cards to matching with definitions. It is clear that the memory tools are intentional. You can also tailor the options to fit your personal learning style and speed. I am almost done with the beginner stage and cannot wait to see how I progress in the future. I highly recommend this app to other serious Korean learners. 검사입니다, developers!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.