Just launched: Marvel's Jessica Jones: Playing With Fire, Marvel's Black Widow: Bad Blood and free short stories by Arthur C. Clarke (author of 2001: A Space Odyssey)
Welcome to Serial Box 3.0.
WHAT’S SERIAL BOX:
Addictive, well-produced sci-fi and fantasy that you can listen to or read. Delivered to your device in bite-sized chunks.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US:
1. Addictive sci-fi, fantasy, and thrillers: Written by diverse, bestselling, and respected author teams.
2. Immersive audio: Cinematic narration and high fidelity sound design. Featuring narrators like Tatiana Maslany and Daniel Gillies
3. Read or listen: Get the audiobook and ebook for one price. Switch back and forth easily.
1. Switch back and forth between listening and reading
2. Download audio and listen offline
3. Sample everything for free
4. Scroll vs. swipe reading option
5. Stunning type and colors: select between 5 optimized typefaces and 6 color combinations
6. Advanced customization settings: custom margins, line height, word spacing, letter spacing, and audio speed for optimal accessibility
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Find: Immerse yourself in our addictive, award-winning, & diverse catalog.
2. Preview: Read or listen to the first episode of any serial for free. Spoiler alert: they’re all good.
3. Enjoy: Buy the season and experience new episodes each week.
• Marvel's Black Widow: Bad Blood. Narrated by Sarah Natochenny.
• Orphan Black: The Next Chapter. Narrated by Tatiana Maslany.
• Marvel's Thor: Metal Gods. Narrated by Daniel Gillies.
• How We Live Now: An original anthology of short stories that capture life in quarantine.
• Ninth Step Station: A gritty, cyberpunk police procedural set in near-future Tokyo—by Malka Older, Fran Wilde, Jacqueline Koyanagi, and Curtis C. Chen
• Upcoming: Original, brand-new series featuring your favorite Marvel characters like Black Panther and Jessica Jones are coming soon.
SERIAL BOX LOVE:
• "Like Game of Thrones but for your ears"—i09
• "The HBO of reading"—NPR
• "Best of the year"—Apple
• "Must-have app"—Buzzfeed
"OMG people - just finished listening to @serialboxpub's The Vela S1 written by @motomaratai @cyborgyndroid Becky Chambers @sl_huang. SOOOO GOOD - thrilling space opera, diverse authors and cast, tragic, extremely well written - looking forward to S2" - @aidenjudd
“Tried @serialboxpub today - really rad to switch seamlessly between audiobook and eBook format. Would love to see this modal versatility be the new normal for all digital media, not just serialized fiction!” — @dsjr__
“All of the serials have THE BEST audio narration. I’m a huge, huge fan of the app and the stories.” —@BookwormAsheley
Download our app & enter another world.
- No account? No problem! You can now take any of our free pilot episodes for a spin without having to register first. Yasssss!
- We fixed an issue with episode progress synchronization when switching back and forth repeatedly between text and audio
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Like the podcast version of a novel!
I first learned about this app from a local author whose work I really enjoy (Curtis Chen). He did a project in collaboration with a couple other authors and it was published here (Ninth Step Station). I listened to the audio series and it was great! I love that it’s episodic like a TV show, but that it’s still a book. It’s like the podcast version of a novel!
Then I tried out a few more series and I have loved them too! The writing is enjoyable, the stories are interesting and well put together, and the narrators are wonderful.
Also, the app works nicely. It’s easy to search for things or just brows, easy to buy a season (after listening to the first episode for free!), and easy to move from one episode to the next. I am such a fan, this app is great!
I literally just got ripped off **FIXED**
I was really into a podcast I found called ReMade. It was a fun story. However only one “season” of 15 episodes was available on Apple podcasts. So I did what I had to do to get the second season. Download this app and purchase it for $9.99$. So I did. Thinking I could just download them all and listen to them tomorrow as I work. I hit the button and I get a message. “Your account cannot be accessed at this time, try again later.” The my PayPal alerts “$9.99” was just charged to your account.” Really my account isn’t available? So how the do you charge me?!? This is shady and unreliable. $10 is more then I’d spend on a lot of things. Unless the fix this soon as in like an hour I’d not be doing this ever again.
EDIT: They fixed the issue. I have my content and it’s ok. I apologize to Serial Box, for jumping so fast. However I have had it happen in the past, and for a lot more money. So thank you Serial Box for fixing this. I hope what ever happened I hope it doesn’t happen again.
Developer Response ,
We're incredibly sorry for your technical difficulties. I've made sure your account is properly credited with your purchase, so it should now be fully accessible to you. I've also responded to your original bug report with a few follow-up questions to see if we can figure out exactly what happened to cause the problem in the first place so that we can ensure it doesn't happen again in the future. I hope this resolves the issue for you.
Thanks so much for being a Serial Boxer!
Excellent content, frustrating UI for audiobooks
Excellent content, I purchased the Orphan Black series. The user interface for the audio player is non-intuitive and lacks cues for episode, and listening places. The list of episodes don’t show progress, you have to start playing each episode to see if it’s one you last was listening to. Once playing there’s nothing on the screen showing which episode I’m on, just the ‘album’ art. The only real way for me to know my place is to delete downloaded episodes once I’m done listening to them. The scrubber is the full width of my screen which makes it impossible to drag it all the way to the left. Update: Okay, it’s supposed to have a big number of the episode but the top 1/2 of the number is cut-off so you have to guess at the episode number. I’m on an iPhone 6S+ so I’ve got plenty of screen to display it.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we're so sorry to hear about the hassle here. We recently implemented a few changes, including a jump back in section on our serial pages, and are working on some other big UI improvements for the future. If you encounter any more issues or have any other suggestions, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Serial Box Publishing, LLC
- 117 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2020 Serial Box Publishing, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- the rest of the season $9.99
- Orphan Black: The Next Chapter $9.99
- Ninth Step Station S1E02 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.