This highly engaging and interactive app helps in comprehensively understanding and applying the concepts of simple machines with the help of animation and fun-filled simulation.
Learn about the following concepts:
* Force and work
* Types of machines
* Wheel and axle
* Inclined planes
This app is aligned with Bloom’s taxonomy and draws from Common Core State Standards*. As a member of the KNOW What’s Inside program, this app has been designed especially for children, with special attention to online privacy.
The app is packed with the following features:
* Concept book: Study principles of simple machines with easy to understand 3-D animation, drawings, and visual images
* Did You Know: Get to know interesting facts and snippets of information about simple machines from both a historical perspective and current context
* Quiz: Test your understanding of concepts and ability to relate to real-life examples
* Explore More: Apply the concepts you read to simple experiments using objects around you
* Simulation: Apply concepts to a life-like situation and learn from various alternative courses of action.
The suggested sequence for going through various modules in this app is Concept-Simulation-Quiz-Did You Know-Explore More.
This app is intended:
(a) for students primarily in the age group 8 – 14 years who want to understand concepts from scratch,
(b) as a supplemental guide for teachers, and
(c) as a reference tool for those who want to strengthen their understanding of the subject.
Check out our other great apps:
Science of Light Vol-1: Basic Physics Concepts
Science of Light Vol-2: Optics - Physics Concepts
World of Wonders - Amazing Science Facts
For further information, please contact us at:
- Minor fixes to images in Quiz
- Anonymous non-PII data gathering
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing educative interactive app
My kids loved playing this game. It is fun and educative at the same time. Keeps kids hooked on to it to play more because of the simulation. Best Learning app for kids.
The app was really good because it taught me so many things I never knew before! Now I can identify any lever or pulley. Also it was especially fun because of the simulation.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.