Play chess on line and solve puzzles playing against adversaries from across the world.
Practical, quick and easy to use, have fun with SimpleChess!
- access in guest mode is totally free
- no limit on the number of games
- hundreds of players 24/24
-we've added chess960, another type of chess game
-we've added puzzles with an unprecedented bonus system
- quick response time
- transmission time (lag) regained on the clock
- two ways of making moves : start square/finishing square or 'drag and drop'
- opt for 'automatic pairings' or 'choose your opponent'
- wide choice of rates of play, 3 customizable rates of play
- 13 chessboard designs, 20 piece designs
- look back at the game
- watch games that are underway
-we've redone the solutions for completed puzzles
The pluses of becoming a member:
- choose your own pseudo
- rating updated after each game
- there are different classifications for each mode of play
- select the strength of your opponent
- friends list and blacklist
- look back at your 10 previous games
- receive all your games by e-mail
Fix a display problem of the opponent strength choice.
Ratings and Reviews
The app works as advertised. It loads and runs very quickly and it is great for a quick game online. The interface is clean and well designed. Response times are excellent. Stability seems very good as well. There seems to be a large number of players online all the time. I never had to wait more than a couple of seconds to find an opponent for a 3 or 5 minute blitz game. The level of the opposition ranges from beginners to strong club players. I did not see any master level or higher players. You can play for free or register ($5/year iPad or iPhone only). So registering is relatively inexpensive and you can have a rating and keep track of your games. Ratings seem oddly inflated. I am a 1700 rated blitz player but here for some reason I rank about 2200! Go figure. Some nice features are clearly missing - maybe they will be added in later versions: there is no chess engine for a quick blunder check or analysis of a previous game. There is no chat feature. And the replay feature, while present, has a very small button for playing through a game. Competing programs, such as Chess.com and Playchess.com seem less attractive to me because the former's interface and offer seem clunkier to me while the latter seems too expensive (and its free trial expires.) The only other nice alternative, in my opinion is CoreChess which works with FICS.
Time stamp is does NOT work! Steals time EVERY GAME! The connect dots tell you how much time server will take from you! If you start a 5 minute game with one dot, you will lose at least three minutes and your opponent will get your stolen time added to there clock! STOP DO NOT SUPPORT THIS APP!!!!! Four star rating is a lie! They delete bad ratings!!! This is from france and they hate Americans, so, if you play from America they will down grade your connection. When I deside to play I will cheat every guest game!
I have been using this app for 5 years and it is the best and easiest way to play chess online.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Promotion des Jeux de l'Esprit
- 64.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 I.D.E.A.L.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 year extend $5.99
- 1 month extend $0.99
- 3 months extend $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.