SkyORB is a fast and lightweight astronomy app including a 3D star map, 3D planetarium, ephemeris with notifications, search engine, news, sun clock, point at the sky, weather, and more. Tap “…More” to learn why you should download this App today!
SkyORB features many functions as a 3D real-time representation of the planets position around the sun, the ability to hold your device and point toward a visible star and planet and reveal the name by tracking the GPS position, compass orientation, the elevation from the gyroscope or with ARKi.
SkyORB is free to download and you can upgrade to the premium version directly from the application to enjoy even more features, as notifications and on-the-cloud backup.
What you will get with SkyORB (Lite version):
• Fast (multi-core optimized) and lightweight (<100MB), full featured astronomy app.
• a 3D real-time planetarium with photo-realistic rendering,
• a Zoom all the way in to the solar system, or zoom all the way out to the rest of the Milky Way in 3D.
• a 3D real-time sky rendering, with tracking from compass and gyroscope, Augmented reality with ARKit support.
• Comets and satellites positions, with update from the Web for latest entries, including near earth asteroids.
• Weather forecast from current location,
• Personalized ephemeris including next 60 days astronomy events, including peak day of meteors showers, date of planets elongation and opposition.
• Display day/night terminator on a world map,
• Powerful universal search engine: type few letter and find a matching nebula, constellation, place, planets, space probes (Pioneer and Voyager) and more.
• Moon phases with dates, including rise and set times,
• Ability to simulate the sky from any place in the world and even from other planet like Mars
• Be alerted when a phenomenon (planet at its brightest, full/new moon, eclipse) is occurring with local notifications. Also receive enhanced push notifications of astronomy news released in the press.
Upgrade to SkyORB Premium (one-time purchase or 12-month membership) and unlock access to a host of additional features that will extend and improve your use of SkyORB as:
• Ad-free version
• Full screen in planetarium view, including more view unlocked
• Display more information on moon phases, ephemeris.
• More views unlocked, including ability to hide user interface in planetarium and local view modes,
• More complete search engine,
• Easily recover your premium upgrade to all your devices connected to your account, thanks to the iOS cloud storage.
• And many more features unlocked !
• Apple Watch (watchOS 5) with vocal search engine, digital crown, equation of time complication, and stand alone from the phone.
PLEASE NOTE that your 12-months Premium Membership will automatically renew for the same duration and price as the one originally chosen.
Thanks for using SkyORB. In this update, added new stereographic view in the local sky view, with zoom, rotate and compass orientation. Improved search function, improved red screen mode and other bug fixes and improvement.
To enable the stereographic view, use the 6 square icons in the local view (3rd row).
The 2019.12.2 update addresses stability issues with MPC update.
The 2019.12.3 update improves astronomy news download times.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Having fun again
My life is so fast paced. I forget I used to spend hours glued to my Meade With Sky ORB I look up again! Wish there was an app that takes care of everything I have to do after work and maybe even fixes up old scopes that have sat in the basement since grad school. Ha!
Great Idea, Frustrating Execution
I write frustrating because it SEEMS like the features included would be useful... if they worked.
Most of the time I am met with a mode that will not go back to its previous screen, or something freezes up- there are numerous bugs in this application. For instance, going into “planetarium” mode will either freeze, or I’m stuck in that mode until I literally close out the app- there’s no going back! Interface is clunky, and the same buttons do different things on different screens; this is a major design flaw.
Additionally, when I do get push notifications about events or astronomical news, upon clicking it in my events notifications screen (iPhone, not in-app), it just brings me to the settings screen. Why doesn’t this bring me to a news article? Or some sort of information about the event? More of a personal gripe, and not a problem with the app I guess.
All in all, I regret paying for premium, it was not worth the consistently buggy and cumbersome app. If these kinks get ironed out it may be useful. Sorry bruh.
A Nice App but needs FIXING ! 😫💨
It's a nice app to keep abreast of what's going on in our solar system.
Unfortunately the Push Notifications are a day late to let you know about celestial events !
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Stephane Denis
- 171.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2002, 2019 realtech VR. All Rights Reserved. realtech VR, the realtech VR logo and SkyORB are trademarks of realtech VR in the US and/or other countries.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Version $2.99
- 1-year Premium Subscription $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.