Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 49 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, GIFs, stickers, images from your device or web.
• SMS - Use Skype to send SMS messages to mobiles worldwide.
Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
• EU Contract Summary: https://go.skype.com/eu.contract.summary
All permissions are optional and require consent (you can continue using Skype without granting these permissions, but certain features may not be available).
• Contacts - Skype can sync and upload your device contacts to Microsoft's servers so that you can easily find and connect with your contacts that already use Skype.
• Microphone - The microphone is needed for people to hear you during audio or video calls or for you to record audio messages.
• Camera - The camera is needed for people to see you during video calls, or for you to be able to take photos or videos whilst you’re using Skype.
• Location - You can share your location with other users or use your location to help find relevant places near you.
• Photo Library - Storage is needed to be able to store photos or to share your photos with others you may chat with.
• Notifications - Notifications allow users to know when messages or calls are received even when Skype is not actively being used.
• Siri - This allows Siri to make calls in Skype.
• Calendar - Access to the calendar is so that calls can be scheduled and added to the calendar.
• Motion Usage - Motion usage is used so that Skype can detect when your device is rotated, so that Skype can orientate the camera correctly.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Easily share your unique QR code with friends and family
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
Skype is amazing
Skype is amazing because it lets me text my friend and we can FaceTime each other and she can FaceTime her other phone while she calls me so all three of us can play Minecraft together and we could all see each other but we are make different worlds because sometimes we don’t want other people one of us to go in someone else’s world so we go onto one of a different world that we all go in but Skype is like really good like I love Skype the only reason I gave it four stars is because it won’t let me call my friend we could only FaceTime which I’m OK with but I wish I could call it won’t let me call because every time I hit it it will it will bring me up to something that won’t let me call I don’t know what to call it but it just won’t let me call so that’s why I gave it four stars
And Skype is amazing because I got a couple weeks ago or a couple of days ago I don’t remember but it lets me call my friend when ever I want to play Minecraft with her only FaceTime we have to text if you want to but we usually FaceTime and then we play for like two hours maybe three or four we play for like a long long time one time with you and played for like most of the day until I am had to go to bed but that was before I got Skype Skype changed me Skype now I don’t have to use anyone’s phone to call EV which is perfect
Skype on my iPad Mini 2 with blazing fast WiFi
A few hours ago I downloaded Skype on an iPad Mini 2 that I inherited 10 days ago from my brother. I’ve been using Skype on my Windows 7 PC. I did a Skype video chat with my brother on the iPad Mini, and it was perfect. We are over 1,000 miles apart and it was like being in the same room ... even though I walked out on my deck & back in, & he put his smartphone in his pocket while he went out to his car and then drove 15 minutes to get home. On his way indoors his phone went into his briefcase. The Skype connection was seamless & the quality was excellent.
I should mention that my original plan had been to connect the iPad Mini to WiFi by setting up a hotspot on my Windows 7 PC & sharing. The iPad couldn’t find the network, and my cable company said I needed a router, so I got a new NETGEAR AC1900 (model C7000v2) dual band WiFi router modem combo at Walmart 4 days ago. It has a 5GHz processor delivering speeds of up to 1.9 Gbps. It also has 24x8 channel bonding (24 download & 8 upload channels for extreme speed & consistent connectivity).
With this equipment, Skype is a dream. Of course, I’ve only used Skype for half an hour on the iPad Mini, & I haven’t added contacts yet (I’m old school & probably won’t), so if I start having problems, I’ll come back & edit my opinion. :)
Skype is Improving ... Still a Work in Progress
Overall — I am very pleased with Skype. I’ve used it now on a regular basis (making 5-10 international calls) for the past few years. There are constant updates — so what I write might change (for better or worse .... ) at any time after this Review (which I’m writing on October 29, 2018) — depending on whether an Update improves or complicates matters. Usually updates improve — but not always. Most of the time, the technical aspects of my connection are pretty good — but sometimes they are so poor, that I have to leave Skype and go to another application. I WISH there was a way for me to identify WHERE the problem is at such times (ie, with my connection; with the connection of the person I am speaking to — or with Skype). But overall, connections are BETTER than they were a few years ago. Overall, the system of organizing contacts is fairly efficient — but sometimes a bit challenging on non-computer devices to identify and classify contacts into an easy-to-find grouping. THANKS for continuing to work to improve this app! — :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 115.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2022 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit $4.99
- Skype Credit $9.99
- Skype Credit $24.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.