Play Snake like it is 1997. This is a remake of the original Snake, complete with dot-matrix display and monotone sounds. Rewind time and get a dosis of nostalgia that is as addictive (and frustrating) as the original.
Play Snake '97 and be prepared to lose some productive hours.
Simply launch the game, press an arrow key and start!
Snake '97 features:
- play with arrow keys or gamepad
- dot-matrix display
- original monotone sounds (bleep bleep)
- play in a macOS window, or fullscreen
- 9 original and 3 extra difficulty levels
- Snake 1 and classic Snake 2
- 7 classic game modes (5110, 3210, 8210, 8850 and 3310, 3410 and 7110 with Snake 2)
- bonus creatures (Snake 2)
- go through the walls! (Snake 2)
- 5 original and 2 extra labyrinths (Snake 2)
- a high score that cannot be reset (just like the original)
- world wide ranking
Snake '97 is an homage to the classic game programmed in 1997.
By carefully analyzing the classic gameplay, timing and controls, this Snake '97 remake is one of the most accurate available.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to contact me.
Have Snake fun!
Best regards from Amsterdam,
Ratings and Reviews
My wife and I used to play a snake game in the early 90s that came with our PC. It was for two players, with two snakes- one using the up, down, and side arrows, and the other using four of the letter keys. Unless I’m playing with someone else, I’m not interested. Wish I could find that game, again.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.