SnipNotes is your clever notebook on the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Capture new ideas right in the menu bar and create rich text notes with images. Quickly add content from other apps with Drag & Drop or save your clipboard automatically. Access your notes from anywhere with the versatile menu bar app.
-- Create Notes Your Own Way --
• Create rich text notes with images and a variety of formatting options
• Open SnipNotes in the menu bar with a customizable keyboard shortcut and capture new ideas right away
• Save content from websites and other apps with Drag & Drop or the share sheet
• Capture the contents of your clipboard automatically in the background
• Save selected text with a customizable keyboard shortcut
-- Quick Access From Anywhere --
• Use the menu bar app or the today widget to quickly access your notes, copy them into your clipboard and much more
• Access your notes offline on all devices (including Apple Watch)
-- Note Actions Will Save You Time --
• SnipNotes can automatically recognize the contents of your note and provide relevant information, e.g. show addresses on a map
• Each content type is linked to a useful action: For example, you can create a calendar event from a date, navigate to an address with Apple Maps and open weblinks in Safari
-- Always Keep Track Of Your Notes --
• SnipNotes provides an inbox and an archive for your notes. You can organize notes in your own categories as well
• The flexible search feature will highlight all matching text. You can also search notes right from your desktop with Spotlight
• Select multiple notes and move them into another category, export or delete them in one go
-- SnipNotes Matches Your Taste --
• Notes can be customized with a variety of formatting options (checkboxes, lists, colors, headlines and much more)
• Design your notes with a big selection of glyphs for easy recognition
• SnipNotes offers ten different color schemes and a dark mode
• Many parts of SnipNotes can be customized to suit your work style
SnipNotes is a note-taking app without subscriptions nor ads.
Notes are synchronized to your private iCloud account. SnipNotes protects your privacy and does not collect any analytics data.
You can find more information about SnipNotes on www.snipnotes.de. If you encounter any issues or have questions, please get in touch with me. I reply personally to every email (email@example.com). You can also reach me on Twitter (@SnipNotesApp).
This update contains the following enhancements:
** Improvements **
- Completed checkboxes are now crossed through and grayed out.
** Bugfixes **
- Notes with checkboxes couldn't be copied to the clipboard.
- Sharing text notes with certain apps could result in an error.
If you encounter any problems with this update or have feedback, please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consider a rating or a review on the App Store. Thank you!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The best note taker I have used
The new version make SnipNotes the best notetaker I usse, including Bear, Notebooks, Evernote. I use it to make notes on dozens of books that are latter used for Book Reviews.
Reliable and consstantly improving
I am using Snipnotes regularly for more than a year for research and writing book reviews. It is reliable and offers one of the best platforms to keep your clipped and another type of notes among all my devises, including the Apple Watch.
There are regular updates and improvements. The iPhone/iPad Apps sync with iCloud is fast and flawless. I got immediate replies from the developer to suggestions implemented in further updates
I strongly recommend this app for anyone that needs to have a reliable and stable note taker and note organizer. The price is reasonable for what you get
If you take notes on things while at your computer, download this app.
I’ve tried nearly every notetaking app you can think of. Menubar versions, full apps, Chrome extensions, etc. SnipNotes quietly slits each of those apps’ throats, and the apps in their final moments do nothing, like lambs, silent at the slaughter. Great sync across devices, conveniently in menu bar, and the intelligent notetaking makes addresses, etc., even more intuitive to work with. Love it!
Great Notes app
Powerful, full-featured, and sync works perfectly with the iOS app.
It needs to accept pdf attachments and offer subfolders before I can completely drop Apple Notes, but it's most of the way there.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.