If you have Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Gmail accounts and you're looking to manage all your favorite services at one single application - Social is the solution for you.
Social Pro is a collection of social management tools that is ideal for people who use multiple social network accounts. It is the only Mac-native multi social network client, and it saves you time by following statuses on Facebook, Twitter and Gmail.
No more jumping from site to site to monitor, update and engage your social services at the speed of real time. No need to open it up in a web browser, or have it clutter your workspace.
With the advanced instant notification and chat features, Social Pro is the most comprehensive solution on the market.
- Login your Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Gmail accounts
- The Social icon at menu bar shows you at-a-glance if you have unread messages, notifications or friend requests.
- Preview of incoming chat messages
For details, please visit http://www.socialdeskapp.com
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t enable features shown in picture
The images here (but not on their website) show a google talk tab… I can’t see any way to activate it. It isn’t even present in my version of the app so far as I can tell. Also… this is basically a window to a browser rather than a stand-alone app. Imagine a buch of cropped browser windows running the mobile version of the site on your desktop. So this is basically cellphone screen windows on your desktop.
Great except for a few but severe problems
This app is absolutely awesome. I can jump from gmail to facebook to gtalk to twitter without having to clutter up my web browser tabs or my desktop space. It's also great that it consolidated all these platforms, so I don't have to get 4 or 5 different apps.
However, the app froze on me quite a few times in the 2 days that I've been using it. So I don't know if it means there are bugs or something. Anyway, the rest of my mac works fine when Social Pro is frozen, so I tried to force quit the app. However, since it is only an icon in the menu bar (which I quite like except for this problem), there's no way for me to force quit since I can't click it at all. When I open up force quit from the apple symbol menu, Social Pro does not show up either. So if I wanted to use Social Pro, I would have to restart my computer and reload everything I have open just so I can facebook or check my mail. It's almost more convenient to open up all those pages in a web browser instead, which defeats the purpose of the app. So if this problem can be fixed somehow, I would definitely give it 5 stars. But right now, the number of times it's crashing and the inconvenient way of fixing it is just far too troublesome.
Loads of crashing... Still valuable for Growl-like notifications, though.
I use this at work and at home on two separate iMacs, I see it crashing on both. I've tried reinstalling it too, it's just unstable.
I use gmail a lot and with multiple accounts between multiple users, my fiance uses Chrome, I use Social Pro. But I make myself put up with a LOT of caveats that I shouldn't have to.
1. Crashing. Like at least once a week, and when it does, I lose my draft which has been a real pain on occasion.
2. It's the mobile interface for Gmail. It looks and walks and talks like the mobile Gmail interface, and for that reason alone, I get really irate when I want to use some features of gmail on my desktop. It's a mail client you sold me, I should be able to do attachments or paste images inline into my emails. I really don't like that I can't here.
3. Needs customizable support for different features... I realize that I'm paying for a social toy-box, but I don't use this application for Facebook. I'd like it to not show up at the top tab. It'd be nice to turn off or add new features to keep some value with this. I realize no one uses MySpace, but seriously... Google + isn't here. It should be or at least be updateable to have whatever features we do and do not want to use.
Also, I'd love to see some Google Reader and Tumblr love. I share stories and read stuff from both of those and neither one is anywhere to be found.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.