Speak & Translate is an indispensable voice and text translator that allows you to communicate effectively in any corner of the globe.
EXCELLENT TRANSLATION OPTIONS
* Works OFFLINE. Have no Internet connection? Translate text offline between 10 languages: Chinese (Mandarin), English (US), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
* Apple Speech Recognition Technology support - real-time voice recognition significantly enhances the speed of your translations
* 117 languages for text translations
* 54 languages for voice translations
* Language detection for text-to-text mode: if you don't know what the language of the source text is, select Detect language from the language list.
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
Simply speak to your watch and get your speech instantly translated wherever you are! Enjoy voice translation in 40+ languages.
GREAT USER EXPERIENCE
* Built-in offline voices: reduce Internet traffic usage and translate even quicker
* Multitasking option for iPad: translate simultaneously while working in other apps via Split View function
* 3D Touch support: hard press on the app icon to quickly send text for translation
* Translation history always at hand: access previously made translations through Spotlight search results
* Useful widget that saves translations and serves as an offline phrase-book
* Handoff feature: translate without interrupting your session - switch from your iPhone to your iPad (or vice versa)
* iCloud integration: the history of your translations is synchronized across all your Apple devices
* Translate in portrait or landscape mode
* Voice settings: choose male or female voice and its speed.
Parts of service translated by Microsoft™. Parts of service translated by Google Translate™.
Offline translations are supported for text to text mode only. The languages available offline are: Chinese (Mandarin), English (US), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.
Speech to speech translations are supported between the following languages: Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch (The Netherlands), English (Australian, Canada, India, UK, US), Finnish, French, French (Canada), Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Moldavian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Mexican), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
Speech to text translations are supported between the following languages: Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Filipino, Icelandic, Latin, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu.
Text to text translations are supported between 117 languages, to check out the list of languages please visit Developer Website Link (http://www.apalon.com/speak_and_translate.html).
For complete access to all Speak & Translate features, you will need to allow access to the following:
*Location – so that automatic language selection can be enabled for your host country when traveling.
*Microphone & Speech Recognition – so that speech-to-speech translations will work.
*Notifications – so that you can keep informed about new app features and interesting language facts.
- Performance and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Essential for linguists
This is the only iOS app for which I have paid, and I am glad I did. I use it daily, and regularly in about 10 languages. PROS: The translations are so good, and the Copy and Paste function works so well, that recipients in Chat sometimes do not realize I am not a native speaker. The app handles long blocks of text well. CONS: Speech to Text and Speech to Speech do not work reliably; sometimes they do not work at all, while others produce an “Internet connection too slow” message, even though it runs at over 100 Mbps. Much of the time I get nonsense for dictated speech. WISHLIST: 1. Having several choices for single words would be good, as words can have several senses. However, the app almost always gets it right. 2. A list longer than the 4 previous “Recently Used” languages would be a timesaver, or the option to select a longer list. (I just suggested this to the developers.)
Phenomenal! This app is incredible!
I took 2 years of Spanish in high school and loved it. I can still speak and understand many simple phrases, but this app fills in the gaps of where my memory fails me. I saw the app on the top charts and I was intrigued, then I cringed at the price tag, but took a chance on it and I am very glad that I did. This app is amazing, and it's definitely worth the 20 bucks. Would recommend this to anyone. The translations come out instantly and accurately. I would totally trust this app while visiting a foreign country if I had a fast internet connection. I'm blown away. I freaking love the technology we have at our fingertips these days. This is going to help out a lot in my day to day life. 5 stars! *****
Developer Response ,
It's a pleasure for us to know that the app meets your expectations!
Sep 2017. I just moved to Bratislava Slovakia to work the American shift for my company. Of course no one in the world speaks Slovak except Slovakians. My coworkers who are bilingual are amazed how accurately this app translates English to Slovak. It also translates Slovak to English amazingly well. I am using this for voice translation and I can also type for translation which types out a text version without voice. I can copy and paste the translations onto other applications. The reverse is also true. I was able to rent a Slovak apartment because of this application. I am talking to people all around Europe. This is an absolutely amazing app. !!
- IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- 85.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.