Dungeons & Dragons spells in the palms of your hands. Easily access all the spells in the 5th Edition SRD using Spellbooks.
- Search and find any spell and get all of the details
- Like spells and use filters to quickly narrow down the spells you are looking for
- Define your own tags (filters), add them to spells, and use them to further refine your search
- Create spellbooks for your character to save a list of spells, keep track of spell slots, and record any notes
- Add your own, home-brew spells and easily manage them
- Bug fixes and improvements for the recently added tags feature
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A perfect way to stock spells by session!
This app is so great at allowing me to “heart” all of the spells my character is capable of doing, then creating several different “spell books” grouped however I want. I have separate books for “travel adventuring”, “town square adventuring”, “big boss fight”, “dungeons”, etc. so that I can quickly find the groups of spells that will work best for the type of session we’re about to play after a long rest. I can read through my spell options and group them in scenarios through out the week when I’m bored and then I don’t have to cram a bunch of spell skimming right before the session. LOVE IT!
It also tracks spell slots without having to erase holes in your character sheet.
The ONLY thing that isn’t my favorite about the app is that it’s missing a few cantrips from its directory but I have those jotted down on the back of my character sheet so it’s not a huge deal.
When I first saw this app advertised on Reddit, I thought, “Another supplement app to keep track of spells? Might as well try it, I can always delete it.” But boy, was I in for a surprise.
The app itself has a really clean look, consistent throughout. But that’s just the icing on the cake. The functionality you get is amazing; custom class-specific Spellbooks, with built in spell slot trackers and an area to keep notes, to mention a few. It’s fantastic, and I’ve been using it for the last few weeks at the table, and although the classic feel of flipping through the Player’s Handbook cant be replaced, having full spell descriptions and information with a quick search in a single app is awesome.
If you’re hesitant as to whether you’ll enjoy the app, trust me, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Wonderful app. Quickly and easily allows you to compile your Spellbooks for your 5e characters. No support for Xanathar spells and the like, which is understandable. However, you are able to easily create “homebrew spells”. You can follow the form and input these into your app and be able to use them immediately. The ability to keep tabs on the spell slots you have used is nice, as is the ability to regain the spell slots on a long rest.
Two things I would like to request of the developers.
- The ability to sort spells on the ability to cast them as Ritual. As a cleric, I would like to be able to sort on what’s available to cast without spell slots. I was able to add a tag based on which spells are rituals as a workaround, but it would be nice to not have to add new spells each time I level up to new spell levels.
- The ability to prepare spells. As it stands, I am favoriting certain spells as a workaround, but the ability to have a tab that shows prepared spells would be nice to have.
Other than that, it’s a great app for referencing all 5e spells, rather than having to reference the PHB like an actual nerd.
- Guillian Balisi
- 9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Guillian Balisi
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.