Create a personalized list of words to practice. Test your spelling - hear each word spoken. Get a star for each correct word. Practice just the words you have yet to master. Retest your words at anytime. Students can practice their words independently.
Originally designed to be a replacement for a student's spelling notebook which lists words to be learnt for school each week. Unlike a paper notebook, SpellingNotebook can speak each of the words to enable testing and practice without seeing the written word. SpellingNotebook contains a full searchable spelling dictionary so that words can be added directly to the student's word list, minimizing entry errors.
* This app is awesome I have a spelling test coming up and I can spell every word correctly thanks to this app!!! (US)
* Makes spelling practice fun (UK)
* So fun!!!! This is a great app for kids and adults! (US)
* Great App!!! Whole class uses it!! (Australia)
Spelling Notebook features:
* Students can practice independently
* More than 100,000 words - add new words to the built in spelling dictionary when needed
* Spelling Notebook has a built in voice that can say all words in its extensive dictionary and any new english words added
* Optionally Record your own voice for the word you want to practice. You can record just the word, or even a whole phrase to help you recognize which word to spell.
* Multiple English regions: UK, US, Canada, Australia and NZ
* Earn a star for correct words
* Keep multiple word lists
* Edit word lists: add or delete words, add or delete an entire word list, rename your list
* Import words from one wordlist into another
* Words are selected from an extensive dictionary - minimizing entry errors
* Help available in app to guide and support
* Word list Copy and Paste
* History of Word list tests and practice
* Email test results
The built-in spelling dictionary is automatically selected by region. For countries outside US, Canada, Australia and NZ, the UK spelling dictionary is selected.
Note that recording your words on iPod touch models prior to the 4th generation requires an external microphone. The record button will prompt you if Spelling Notebook detects that no microphone is available.
See our website for online help that includes more screenshots.
Follow us on Instagram: @spellingnotebook
Recommended Ages: All, Kids
Categories: Education, Productivity, Apps for Kids
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions!
* Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We love it.
My kids really love this app. We used to have to go over the words on the way to school in the mornings with me reading them out. That wasn't so safe while driving. This makes it easy for me to record the words and hand them my phone in the mornings and we use the test setting instead of the practice setting so I can see how they've done and what we need to work on. Also could totally be used in other ways like recording vocabulary definitions and just using the word "test" on every one so it would say "test then the definition" and then the kid would type in test but say the right vocab word out loud so they can test themselves. Idk just thinking outside the box.
The import words from another list option doesn’t seem to work with the latest version. You choose the words to import but then the only option is to go back twice and then click done and they aren’t there. Also, I wish that there was a way for it to give the words in the same order they were entered and not randomized.
Best app to learn spelling for kids
Love this app. I can create list They have option to practice first by looking at the spelling and typing it as well as app calls the word. Practice can be done as many times as you want. Then kids can attempt the test in which app calls the word and kids will type the spelling Once all the questions for that list are done, app will show if there are any wrong spelling. App will show what was spelled by kid and what is the correct spelling so kid would exactly know what he or she did wrong. Also, you can email your percentage to someone after the test
- Ako Software Limited
- 30.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Ako Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Premium $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.