Use your iPhone's compass and gyroscope to find planets, constellations, and more with crisp, colorful, high-definition Retina graphics that use every pixel of your iPhone! Hold the universe in your pocket!
• Try StarMap 3D Plus for iPad support, more stars, thousands of Deep Sky Objects, and original constellation artwork.
StarMap 3D is the portable star atlas for beginners or advanced astronomers. Use StarMap 3D to find the planets, stars, constellations, star clusters, galaxies, and nebulae visible to you based on your location and time. StarMap 3D will even use the compass to automatically align the map!
• Retina Display Compatibility
• Over 15,000 stars, with detailed information for each of them
• 303 deep sky objects, with details such as distance from Earth, diameter, apparent size and orientation, and morphology
• All 88 modern constellations, with lines based on the outlines from "The Stars: A New Way to See Them" by H.A. Rey
• MacRobert and Classic constellation lines also available
• Location-based-services (LBS) / Global Positioning System (GPS) support, or manually enter your longitude and latitude
• Adjustable date and time of day
• Also adjust time instantaneously and interactively with the Time Scroll feature
• Compass support, if present
• Planetarium Mode for seeing only objects visible to you, or browse the entire celestial sphere
• 3D Mode for visualizing the universe in three dimensions
• Bug fix and general improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This App is the...
...only real reason to own an iPhone. It turns your personal device into an educational experience limited only by the Universe itself. It’s most impressive when you’re well out of the range of WiFi or cell coverage. It works with satellites so when you’re in the darkest, deepest woods, the most remote desert, or far out to sea, you still have a detailed map of your sky. I love this app!
ok app, but completely ruined my calendar
the app itself works pretty good. tracking is decent, plenty of data. i wish the time slider was a little more intuitive. there isnt much support for comets or asteroids but thats ok. the bad thing that happened, is that the app has accessed my calendar and jam packed it with every single upcoming moon phase and astronomical event for the next 1000 years. this wouldn’t be so bad- in fact, it would be pretty neat- if it weren't for the fact that every event was added precisely FOURTEEN TIMES. my calendar is utterly filled with endless identical entries, thereby making it difficult to find other calendar events of mine. furthermore, even after revoking the apps access to the calendar and even deleting the app altogether, the redundant entries are still there. i would have to go along and delete them manually, one at a time- which would likely take several lifetimes. so, i will have to live with this and be content to be emphatically over informed about every single upcoming and passed astronomical event, for the rest of my natural lifespan
Developer Response ,
Hello there, and thanks for your review! We are sorry for the trouble the app has caused you, but we have fixed this issue in the newest update. This fix will only add a single calendar event to a separate "Astronomy" calendar, which you can delete at will without affecting your main calendar. Also, this update will clean your main calendar of ALL events that were previously added by StarMap 3D. We actually fixed this bug for the Plus version a few months ago, but we accidentally didn't issue the update for the regular version, doh!
Again, we are so sorry for causing problems with your calendar, and we greatly appreciate that you were extremely lenient with your 30-star rating, as well as your darkly humorous review of our app. Anyway, your review kicked our butt into submitting the calendar fix for this Regular version of the app, so thank you very much for that!
Iv seen other apps that give better pictures but you can move the screen by sliding this one let’s you know the location and by not sliding the screen around let you really get to know stars a little better and how amazing it is that people without today’s technology understood it and this app lets you do that
- Edward Sanville
- 103.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2020 Ed Sanville
- In-App Purchases
- More Stars $1.99
- More Stars $0.99
- Constellation Artwork $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.