Stop Motion, Pioneer for iPad is a powerful, fully fledged Stop Motion app used to capture, edit and publish stop-motion movies. One highlight is the timeline editor:
Timelines offer a partial overview of a small range of discretely different frames. As you scroll this insight is easy to lose. SM was designed with a solid-state timeline that cycles fixed-position thumbnails as you browse. The buckle has 4 scan speeds, including your project's FPS setting and is used to intuitively navigate, select and edit your timeline.
Since there are no velocity based scroll inputs; as you slide the buckle towards the screen edges, the solid-state timeline cycles in each project’s specific FPS settings. This includes precise playback intervals, even in projects containing any mixture of ones, twos and holds and also enables sound effects and background audio to be played in perfect sync as you prototype with the timeline. Audio files are played when the scan speed matches your project's FPS setting.
• All new solid state design
• Adjust Holds
• Use any backdrop colour, green screen, blue screen, and many more
• Import scalable background images from Camera Roll
• Non-destructive composite, change your background image anytime
• Dual matte threshold controls
• Transparency/Black & White preview modes
• Touch-by-proxy quadrilateral garbage matte
• Install* 80+ comedy music tracks**
• Install* 260+ sound effect tracks**
• Use the built-in mic to record, and edit your own voice/audio recordings
• Individual track volume levels parameters
• Trim audio start/end positions
• Custom audio ramp start/end duration times
• Linear, exponential and logarithmic audio ramps
• Import .M4A, .MP3 and .WAV audio files via iTunes File Sharing
• Embed up to 5 audio tracks per frame
• 1920 x 1080 video export, in Quicktime(.MOV), .M4V and .MP4 formats
• Min clean aperture 480 x 480
• Max clean aperture 1920 x 1080
• Mod 16 width/height - over 3,000 possible export ratios
• High-quality image resampling for custom export ratios/sizes
• 16:9 Letter box/pillar box aspect live preview
• 44.100 Apple Lossless and AAC audio export options
• Stereo/Mono audio export
• Save videos to Camera Roll and iTunes File Sharing
• Custom Bitrate settings
• Keyframe interval
• CABAC and CAVLC entropy modes
• Full screen native movie player
• Scrub and volume controls
• Apple TV mirroring
Guides + Onionskin
• Screen composition grid with gauge range 2 - 50
• 360 degree grid line colour picker
• Grid line opacity slider
• Onionskin feature
• Clean Plate
• Brush Size
• Brush edge blur
• Restore to original anytime
• Interval settings
• Frame Count settings
• Projects can be individually excluded/included in your device iCloud Backups
• Non-destructive audio track trim duration, volume ramp - per project - per frame - per track
• Non-destructive rig removal mask, restore to original frame anytime
• Non-destructive ChromaKey background, use a placeholder background image and change anytime, anywhere to update your whole project
Thank you in advance for installing Stop Motion. You are a pioneer!
* Requires free download from Stop Motion Sound Library.
** Stop Motion audio tracks are granted for non-commercial use, these terms can be accepted/declined upon installing app.
Thank you for your feedback. New in this release:
• Added a 3 FPS timeline setting.
• New projects now default to 12 FPS.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Free, simple, underrated
I never write reviews but I saw that this app has quite a bit of 1 stars. This is by far my favorite free stop motion app. Now the UI is a lil funky but easy to get used to. You can change FPS and wut not and export — basically everything u want in a stop motion app, and no in app purchases or ads just 10/10 lol
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Elliott McAllister
- 1.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2017-2021 Elliott McAllister
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.