Studio Calculator 4+
The math wizard in the studio
The RedHouse Apps
Designed for iPad
The Ultimate Music Math Calculator for your everyday calculations. Simply add the values you know and the app will intelligently figure out what it can calculate for you.
Calculate durations, BPM, frequency, delay times, time-stretch, pitch shift, phase alignment delay, file size and more, really fast and easy.
Never again search for the right page for the correct calculation and keep your session flowing.
≈ The delay in samples (for any sample rate) between two microphones in different positions?
==> Enter the distance in meters and the calculation will show you the time in seconds and samples and more.
≈ Have a loop of 2 bars and want to know the BPM?
==> Enter the duration in seconds or samples and the number of bars and the corresponding BPM will be calculated. Correct calculations for all time signatures.
≈ Want to know all delay times for a BPM?
==> Enter the BPM, or tap it, and all the delay times will be calculated, in seconds, mili seconds or Herz.
≈ Have a song tuned to 440 Hz and need to change it to 432 Hz?
==> Enter both frequencies and the transposing pitch-shift and time-stretch are calculated.
≈ What is the duration of a song based on BPM and number of bars?
==> Enter the BPM and the bar count and the total time will be calculated.
≈ When working with a 6/8 time signature what is the BPM in your DAW?
==> Enter the metronome tempo (tmp) and the correct BPM will be calculated.
≈ What is the total time of 4 songs?
==> Enter all times in seconds or time format (or samples) and the total time will be calculated.
≈ A multichannel recording of 75 minutes, how much disk space will I need?
==> Just enter the total time and hit calculate for your answers in MB. Make sure the settings for sample rate, bit depth and channel count are set correctly.
And there is much more to the Studio Calculator!
- Copy a calculated value and use it as new input.
- Correct tempo (tpm) and BPM calculations for all time signatures, regular or irregular, simple or compound.
- Frequency to MIDI note calculation.
- Minimal design with an effective user interface.
- Support for 9 different video frame rates for duration calculations.
- Calculate the amount of storage space digital audio will use given a time value.
- Calculations done with 64bit float’s, a.k.a. very accurate.
- Set sample rate, bit depth, number of mono channels, time signature and frame rate to fit your needs for all calculations.
- Dark mode design.
- Custom build tempo tap option for accurate results even with fast tempi.
- Collapse answers for nice overview when you have many.
The Studio Calculator is your assistant: tell it the values you have and it’ll calculate everything there is to know from those values. You just pick what you need.
You can enter tpm, BPM, bars, frequency, seconds, time, semitones, meters and samples.
It can calculate all of that and will also calculate MIDI notes, pitch shift (semitones), time stretch (percentage), frames count and file size (MB).
More calculations will be added over time, and if you miss anything, please let us know. Your feedback is much appreciated!
- fix for background color in iOS 16.3 on some devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The RedHouse Apps
- 3.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Appy Road
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.