Synchronise & edit subtitles
SubShift is free and simple to use.
It has limitations too: SubShift only works with mp4, mov and avi video files and srt subtitle files. These formats have a coverage of over 90% though.
Version 2.0.2 changes  :
• Rebuild form scratch
Ratings and Reviews
Limited to MP4
The app looked like it would be perfect for my needs, but I'm starting with .mov files and want to sync the .srt before transcoding.
Works great on Big Sur 11.2.1
Does exactly what it's supposed to. I used it with an .mp4 and .srt file that weren't in sync. There's no manual or instructions or anything with the app or at the developer's website, so you have to fiddle at first. I'll save you the trouble:
1. Launch the app
2. Drop video file and sub file on the window.
3. A new editor window opens showing the subtitle tet and time codes. Double click on any line there.
4. The movie plays in the other window, and displays the subtitles. Use the slider at the bottom of the window to adjust the subtitles forward or backward in time. Let it run a bit, adjust a little here and there as you go, until you geet it where you want it.
5. Back in the subtitle editor window, click the Export button in the opper right. The new subtitle file will be saved with the time adjustment set throughout.
I don’t get it.
Perhaps this app is meant to adjust a subtitle’s position by a few seconds or edit subtitle text. However, I needed to move subtitles that were written for a different frame rate and needed to be adjusted a lot. The UI didn’t seem to allow that. It didnt seem to work well with cursor focus and had no apparent fine control of video play. Plus, there is no help in the app or web site.
Developer Response ,
Hi dstarnes, your description of the app is correct: this app is meant to adjust a subtitle’s position by a few seconds or edit subtitle text. I like you suggestion to allow changing frame rates. We will look into that.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- G Raggers
- 10.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Pathos 2022